Monte Allums NS-2 mod.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_ADKINS80

Reaction score
Just did this to my pedal......the result? I am putting my pedal back to stock. I have a decent electronics background. I know all about polarities, i am certified to solder down to surface mount devices....I know what I am doing, in other words. Yes the pedal is alot quieter and the suppression works alot better. But when he says it is fuller bass and mids and less high end cut-off, he means it. It turned a good sounding NS2 into something that was muddy, nasally, honky and Ice picky all at the same time. Do not recomend this mod at all.

R_ADKINS80 said:
That page.....it's the 3rd or 4th one from the bottom of the list.
I see it now, must have scrolled by too quick.

Sorry to hear the mod didn't work out for you. The CS-3 mod really opened up the pedal for me. The GE-7 mod is much less noticable, and I still prefer my MXR 10 band over the Allums GE-7 IMO anyway.

Dom

Thanks for the information! Definitely good to know. I was considering the NS-2 mod as the "free" mod for the special he is running now. Perhaps I will just mod another DS-1 and sell the one I don't need.

I have already done the the latest DS-1 mod. And, the results were great. (although I do get the crackling problem which is most likely due to my lack of talent with the solder iron) The mod to the RAT did improve the tone IMO. But, not appreciable in proportion to the cost and amount of manual labor involved.

I have heard really good things about the BD-2 H20 Plus Stack mod and the TR-2 mod. So, I am trying those two next.

I've done some of the Monte Allums mods. I've done 2 SD-1's, DS-1, Metalzone, and the DOD Malmsteen pedal. I really love the SD-1 and DOD mods. The DS-1 was okay. The Metal zone one though...I didn't like it at all. I found that the pedal became very muddy.

Back