Which Fulltone pedal? OCD or Octafuzz

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarchris76

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a Fulltone OCD or an Octafuzz for use with my Stiletto ACE combo. I only play at low bedroom volume so was thinking the OCD might give me that fullness you get when you crank an amp at low volumes. I love the sound of the Octafuzz but will only go for this if the OCD will not give me what I am looking for. Any thoughts?

Why are you limiting yourself to Fulltone? I know they're a great company, but dont count out Xotic, Barber, and the other companies who also make GREAT products.

Agreed that you should look at other makers as well. Also, even with the two you mentioned, they're apples and oranges. One is a dedicated overdrive and the other is essentially an octaver distortion. They're both fine, but the real question here ought to be what kind of sound are you wanting to achieve?

BOTH!! I have both and they are two different pedals. IMO, the OCD is the best three knob overdrive unit in the market, and the Octafuzz gets a nice mixture of the '69 and '70 fuzzes with the Octave Up switch. I love the octave up sounds. They sound great on the neck pickup with the tone knob rolled all the way back. Let us know your choice.

Back