New pedalboard! Finally feel inspired again!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonicProvocateur

Reaction score
So, I'm a minimalist on pedals...always have been, but lately I hadn't been using pedals pretty much at all, but a friend gifted me a SKB Stage Five pedalboard and I threw almost all my pedals on there and all afternoon I feel like i've been painting with sound again!

Thing is, I feel like I found the chinks in my armor again. I never ran a 4 cable setup on stage (for setup time reasons) now I can because of this, and with 2 nice delays one of them sucks and I need recommendations on a better one, and a new overdrive pedal!

2 chains are:

Vox Wah -> Marshall Jackhammer (OD) -> Boss Super Octave -> Carbon Copy -> vintage Electric Mistress -> front of amp

MXR 6 band EQ -> ISP Decimator -> Boss DD-3 delay -> effects loop

So right now i'm thinking either a BB Xotic or Rockbox Boiling Point to replace the hand me down Jackhammer (blegh), but I need a QUALITY delay to replace the aging DD-3.

Suggestions, oh wise ones?

:D Right on!

Not sure about distortion pedals, I'm actually looking for a great one myself!
I do have a bunch of pedals for sale that belong to a friend though, most of them are not what I am looking for: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57207

As for delays though, I really like the TC Electronic Flashback! In fact, I like it so much that I'm selling my G-Major II because it can't make the sound I found in the Flashback.
It's fairly cheap, sounds really great, and is extremely easy to find a great sound!
Bad thing is, it's made in Thailand......Build quality looks really good though!

Wow, I had seen the TC toneprint pedals, and they all seemed really good. It seems to have a bunch of options. The way I generally use my delays is that I have one for traditional tight leads that's dry in the mix (the 2290 sound), and one wet and upfront in the mix for the gilmour-ish/binson sound for experimental sounds.

Back