Eventide Timefactor or TC Electronic D-two for delay,help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksolo

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a dedicated delay unit in the next week,trying to decide between a TC d-two or a timefactor. I'm building a midi rig and cant decide for the life of me.Any help deciding would be greatly appreciated!!

I have not used that TC unit, but i do own a Timefactor and also run it with midi in my rig. I have been very happy with the TF and have had it for about 3 years now. The stock presets are really good, its fairly easy to use and the sounds from it are amazing. Since i got it I have had no desire to replace it with anything else. I ditched my rack and built a midi setup on a pedal board, i now have a very compact versatile sounding rig that covers all my needs

If you want the flexibility to use the delay on a pedal board at some point go with the TF.

here's the one that just one an editor's pick in guitar player mag....
flashback_small.jpg

Well the thing is if its possible i wanna keep everything in the rack since I have a Ground control pro and GCX,the problem is that you see VERY little info on the D2 and a lot of bad examples of the timefactor on the web.Actually i guess what I'm looking for is someone to say why I shouldnt buy one or the other lol

Haven't tried the TC Electronics yet, but the Eventide Timefactor gets my two thumbs up... :mrgreen:

I am using the TF with my Roadster. It is in a rack case, and is switched in and out with an Rg-16. It a fantastic effects prossesser. It can be deep or simple. Everything is midi controlled, an most important, it sounds fantastic.

Hi,

I had a Eventide Time Factor and it does sound great and all, but It was too much for my needs, so I did a lot of research and took a leap of faith and bought the TC Electronics Flashback Delay. There's a great demo of this pedal on Youtube from ProGuitarShop...

It's Half the size of the TimeFactor, EASY to use and packed with features..9 delays, a 40 sec. Looper, and a tempo switch and downloadable Artist "TonePrints" which are artist settings for the delays.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it - I've had a major learning experience constructing my pedal board - for me, I like simple...I started out with a TC Elec. G-System, - overkill for my needs, way complicated to set up and use. So now I'm back to keeping it simple - I got a Pedaltrain 2 pedalboard with the following; FulltoneOCD

Latest posts

Back