Space question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sekot

Reaction score
I was just wondering how much height is there on a 2 space shelf, i'm looking to get a rack so i can keep my hotplates and other future things in it and wasn't sure if a 2space shelf would be enough room since they've got to have a good air flow.

Each space is 1.5 inches. How much space is taken up by the shelf depends on the design.

If I remember correctly, 2 spaces are enough if you remove the feet and bolt it directly to the shelf.

You must not take the feet off the Hotplate and bolt it to the shelf! Because the cooling fan inlet is on the underneath. Or at least, if you do then you must also cut a matching vent in the shelf, and make sure there's nothing blocking it (like the rack enclosure or the next unit down) underneath that. Leave the feet and use longer screws that go through them and into the holes in the Hotplate, or maybe if necessary use different height feet, so it's equally spaced top and bottom... which would look better too :).

thank you. been away from the forum for a while. check it out often just never get around to posting

Back