Axess electronics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tavman

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience with the CFX4 vs the GRX4?
Just got a Rocktron Xpression to go with a RoadKing, and would like to hook it up with midi to channel switch at the same time.

Will the CFX4 work for this, or do I have to wait for the GRX4 to come back into production?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer. :)

If you're looking to switch using the 1/4in switching jacks I see on the back of most Boogies, the CFX4 will work fine. Plus, if you later buy a GRX4 you won't need to waiste loops for channel switching.

Thanks much for the info.

Next question:
Opinions on midi footcontrollers:
Rocktron Midimate
Behringer FCB1010
RFX MidiBuddy

Any real reason to pick one over the other, price, features, ease of use?

I use two Axess GRX4s for effects switching, and a CFX4 for switching functions on my Mesa Nomad 100. These are outstanding devices, built by a company that is committed to customer service. Mario Marino at Axess is without a doubt THE BEST guy to deal with. He answers e-mail quickly and with detailed information. He's there for support before, during and after the sale and installation of your items.

As for the switching functions, get yourself a good footcontroller and you'll have no problems. Read the documentation that comes with your Axess gear thoroughly, and setup is pretty easy. I use the RFX MidiBuddy, since all I need are program changes. If you need control changes, try the others you mentioned.

Follow my web link below. You can see on my gear page how I've deployed my Axess gear in a setup that looks a lot more complicated than it really is!

cvs- nice rig.

I use an old ADA MC-1 as a midi changer. These things are built like tanks and can usually be found for about $50-75.

Ned

Latest posts

Back