Seamless preset changes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
On the GSP 1101 web page, Digitech advertises "seamless preset changes" with the GSP 1101.

Would like to get some feedback about effects processors and seamlessness or lack thereof. My budget is the $300 to $600 range, so I'm particularly curious about the GSP 1101, the G Major & G Major 2, the Lexicon MX series, the Expression, and the GT10. Not interested in any Line 6 stuff as I need a rackmount effects processor.

If you've got feedback on older effects processors, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Even though I'm still planning on buying a new one becaue I gotta have that warranty, I'm still curious about the older stuff. And even the expensive stuff...do the AXE-FXs, Eclipses, PCM92s, and G-Systems change any quicker than the $500 models?

Thanks for any insight...

I play through a G system on my serious rig and a RP-50 on my practice amp. I love them both.

I think that most FX manufacturers have caught on to the "seamless" preset change, and also DSP processors have gotten a LOT faster than they were in the 90s when this was really a problem (I had some very "Not Seamless" processors back in the day).

I think the main diff is going to be chassis quality, effects quality, and number of FX/flexibility of FX. You can get pretty good performance out of an RP-50, but it's no G system for sure.

I use a G-Major and control it with an RFX MidiBuddy, both from 2001. I also use MIDI to make my Mesa Stiletto change channels via an Axess Electronics GRX4. It is quiet, no delay between changes, and very seamless. A cool attribute of the G-Major is the delay trails from one patch will continue when changing to the next one, so there is no abrupt change in the sound from one effect patch to the next one.

Back