Pedal for MesaBoogie Mark 1 sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco78

Reaction score
Hi boyz, I'm here for a new question! :D

Exist a good pedal that simulates a Mark 1 overdrive?

TNX

i haven't heard one yet.

been listening seriously since about 1980

Anybody try a Tech 21 Character Series California pedal?

I just got one today, and the jury is still out. It sounds OK going into a clean amp. Sounds OK going direct into my Bose L1 PA system. Something weird about it, and I'll have to plug away for a few days before I write a true review. First impression- I can dial in a nice Santana-ish lead tone, but those settings are rotten for chords & riffs. I can get a pretty usable "early breakup" rhythm tone, but its not good for anything else. I really think these probably shine for home studio recording, where you only need one sound at a time. As a stompbox in front of an amp or PA, I'm on the fence. I'll try it at the gig tonight and see what happens.

Maury said:
Anybody try a Tech 21 Character Series California pedal?

I just got one today, and the jury is still out. It sounds OK going into a clean amp. Sounds OK going direct into my Bose L1 PA system. Something weird about it, and I'll have to plug away for a few days before I write a true review. First impression- I can dial in a nice Santana-ish lead tone, but those settings are rotten for chords & riffs. I can get a pretty usable "early breakup" rhythm tone, but its not good for anything else. I really think these probably shine for home studio recording, where you only need one sound at a time. As a stompbox in front of an amp or PA, I'm on the fence. I'll try it at the gig tonight and see what happens.
santana doesn't use chords. :?

lol :lol:

I've had good experience with mesa's V-Twin preamp/pedal. May want to give that a shot. The pedal has two 12AX7's in 'em. If that's a selling point at all.

Well, I tried the Tech 21 Cali, and it may do Mark II, but it sounded nothing like my Mark III, clean or dirty. Weirdly, the Blonde pedal sounded more like the Mk III, at least the cleans, but the Blonde lacked the magic Mesa mids. The Cali had too much mids. Almost cocked-wah sounding. (Shut up!)
All the modeling pedals seem to concentrate on the Recto sounds. Boo hoo.

mejoshee said:
santana doesn't use chords. :?

lol :lol:
This...made my morning :lol: .

MrMarkIII said:
Well, I tried the Tech 21 Cali, and it may do Mark II, but it sounded nothing like my Mark III, clean or dirty. Weirdly, the Blonde pedal sounded more like the Mk III, at least the cleans, but the Blonde lacked the magic Mesa mids. The Cali had too much mids. Almost cocked-wah sounding. (Shut up!)
All the modeling pedals seem to concentrate on the Recto sounds. Boo hoo.
Wait...it wasn't the blonde that had that cocked-wah sound? :?

Just checking :wink: :p

I like this one myself :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avmoi4UCLm0

Raising the thread of the dead I know but I finally found a pedal that gets the Mark I sound. This company makes one. Not sure what he calls it because he custom made it for me. The company is No One Cares Pedals. He's on Facebook or instagram. I guess you'd have to ask for the Boogie pedal he made Kirk. He's a small builder and you can use whatever graphic you want on the pedal. Pretty cool. All handmade with excellent parts. Guaranteed. His name is Chris. Here's mine lol. Don't tell Keith, I can't afford a lawsuit.

https://www.facebook.com/nocpedals

Attachments

• 294107273_1556277471484976_5977676439405676991_n.jpeg
    294107273_1556277471484976_5977676439405676991_n.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back