Wow

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdylan

Reaction score
I finally tried the POD Xt live into the FX return of my Triple Rec and all I can say is wow.

I had tried the POD in the front of the Triple and wasn't happy at all and have been using the XTL mostly for playing into my PC and was pretty happy but not as happy as I am now. what a difference it's as if the XTL was made to be driven into a Tube power stage.

mind you I am not able to crank it and can't speak for how it sounds for jamming or what not but this has been another issue this has solved being able to play at lower volumes at night here at home the Triple is far too loud and does not sound good at low volumes and using the POD for the preamp solves this 100%

kinda feels like a waste to buy a Triple to only use the power stage but if it works then why not I suppose.

wow wow wow hehe

Not to start an argument, but I run a Boss GT8 into my Lone Star using a 4 cable method which gives me the option of creating patches that use the Mesa's preamp or the modeling preamps in the GT.
At it's first test run at band practice the other night, I was blown a way.

I'm sure the XT Live is cool, too. Both very powerful units that can sound awesome with a little patient programming.

The combination of modeling pres with the tube power section is very very cool.

Back