Pedal order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Place these pedals in order. Just wonderin'. This is roughly how mine are placed. Some I don't even have.

Front of amp:
Tuner
Octave pedal
Fuzz pedal
Wah Pedal
Distortion/OD pedals

Effects Loop:

EQ pedal
Chorus
Flanger
Delay
Reverb

I'd put the Wah after the tuner. It's worth trying Reverb-->Delay-->Chorus-->Flanger for a thicker sound.

I would do it this way

Tuner
Octave (you want your octave to receive the cleanest signal possible)
Wah (I like my wah's before any kind of drive)
Od/distortion (I like to put overdrive, distortion, fuzz pedals in order of mildest to most distorted)
Fuzz

in the loop I would do it the same way you have it. The eq will process the sound right out of the send. I think mods should be before delay and reverb and reverb to me should always be last.

A/B switch A= to amp, B= to tuner so the tuner is not part of the loop.

compressor
EQ
OD
Trem with clean boost option
Noise Gate with chorus and phase in the pedal's loop, gate goes to amp

amp loop has delay

also have a QTron waiting in the wings, would probably put that after the OD, but might try Trem > QTron just to see what it sounds like.

my apparent noise floor is extremely low this way, easy to record, etc....

To which I'd want to include a reference to our related conversation on the following thread:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31052&p=228149#p228149

Jacko123, the thread I just referenced here includes both DeFrag's excellent educational post on pedals and their order as well as a post of mine on pedal order for those who want to use their amp as the primary distortion engine instead of a pedal. Between them, they should answer just about all your basic questions, but let us know if there's anything you still have questions about. Happy pedalling.

Jacko123 said:
Hey guys.

Place these pedals in order. Just wonderin'. This is roughly how mine are placed. Some I don't even have.

Front of amp:
Tuner
Octave pedal
Fuzz pedal
Wah Pedal
Distortion/OD pedals

Effects Loop:

EQ pedal
Chorus
Flanger
Delay
Reverb