Just got the bb preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
And tried it with my stiletto today.

Hmmmm well I not sure, right now I find it doing more for the recto family tonewise. Might just be that I need more time with it but for what I intended to use it I find the MXR ZW od do it better.

I like to keep the gain on the amp very high, I like the natural distortion of the amp very much. So what I use the od's for is to push the amp over the edge.

If anyone is using bb with a stiletto could you be so kind and share some settings and advise.

I'm kinda stuck in my rut with settings but to my ears what I've been doing sounds fine and I'm happy. I was intrigued by the idea to use the bb on the clean channel for a blusey sound and use the same settings on the bb to push the gain channel as well.

Thanks

Geiri

check out the Andy Timmon's BB video on youtube. He used a Lonestar and Stilleto and shows his settings (I think).

cant seem to get a tone i like with mine any suggestions? im running same gear as you.what are your settings if you dont mind me asking?

Fbomb

you're most welcome to ask me anything you want. The settings I'm currently using with the BB are : Gain and bass at noon and the volume and the treble between 10 and 11 o'clock.

Keep in mind tho with these settings my guitar with passive pickups sounds very nice but the one with the active pups sounds a tad to gainy.

The amp settings are

master : 11
presence : 9
bass : 13:00
mid : 11
treble : 13:00
gain : 15:00
fluid drive spongy 50 watt setting.
everything o'clock.

Hope this helps

Geiri

Glad you found the sound you were after! I've been happy with the T-Scream distortion model on my GT-8 for bumping up the gain in both channels. It's bluesy in CH1 and brutal in CH2...

Yep! 4 cable method all the way. I love it. It is very convenient and does everything I want it to do. Changes channels and effects at the same time and has plenty of effects and fx chain edit ability to keep me occupied. I sold all my pedals after I got the 8 setup and the patches created. It blew me away once I was able to switch from clean channel with reverb and chorus to distortion with comp and delay with the push of ONE pedal. The uses for the unit are endless. I've plugged it up straight to a PA (when I was waiting for the Stiletto to come in and wanted to jam with some friends) and got some very surprisingly good tone out of it! And that was from the stock patches mostly! I can record that tone as well (when I get more time). It's been a very useful unit. I can't believe I used to dis them for so long. I thought, "why would anyone use a MFX unit with a real tube amp?"! If you are using the amp's preamp still (via 4CM) then it all makes sense and it is nothing short of brilliant. It also serves as a viable backup if your amp goes down and you have a PA to run it through.

I haven't missed buying and selling pedals one bit that's for sure!

Brilliant.

A friend of mine has the gt-8 and I've only played it for half an hour at most but it sounded very promising. Surprisingly good factory patches.

thanx Geiri,your amp settings are just about spot on to mine.ill try the BB settings.i really want to like this pedal.

This pedal seems to come alive at 11 o'clock or higher on the volume knob. I also like the more compressed sound (for some applications) you get a slightly lower volume settings

i like the BB on the FAT CLEAN the best.i dont feel i need it on the RED channel. your suggestions helped Geiri,thanx

Geiri, do I understand correctly that you use the BB as a lead boost to add a bit more 'push' and get that volume boost over the band for solos? This is kind of what I am after... I really like what I see with this pedal and noticed you also have a MXR ZW.. I am considering these two along with a Zvex Rock in a box (2 in 1 boost + distortion) to achieve a nice boost in dB's with a bit of extra gain in there for the hell of it...

Anyone compared any of these three?

Geiri said:
Brilliant.

A friend of mine has the gt-8 and I've only played it for half an hour at most but it sounded very promising. Surprisingly good factory patches.

The GT-10 makes the GT-6 and 8 seem like toys. I use my Triaxis in the FX loop of the GT-10 and turn of the amp models and distortion pedals.

From what i've read the GT-10 is not that much different than the 8. The preamps are supposed to be a little better, but the biggest difference (not necessarily an improvement IMO) is the BRIGHT screen and lack of knobs to tweak for each effect (just the 4 virtual knobs).

I'm happy with my 8 for effects, but for distortion and overdrive it is pretty thin and uninspiring. The Tube Screamer is decent, but I'm thinking of snagging a BB preamp to use with my Stiletto along side the GT-8.

Anyone have tone examples of their Stiletto and BB preamp playing nice together?

Back