EVH Phase 90 (Pulled the Trigger) Review inside.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zerofivefour

Reaction score
Might pick one up this weekend.
Any one have any feedback on this one?

link below

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1622

Thanks,

I've had one since October last year. I like it, it does what it is supposed to do. I use it mainly in Script mode, where in addition to the classic VH sound it also nails early Rush and Thin Lizzy. I think the Block mode sounds better than a modern Phase 90 too. The Block mode definitely has a lot of brightness to it, so watch your knob settings.

When this pedal came out, I wanted to avoid it and its surrounding hype. But word of mouth was strong, so I tried one. It lives up to the hype IMHO. A little pricey, I guess Eddie doesn't have any money left after the hip replacement and losing Val....

I may just pick this up tomorrow morning.
I'm a bit torn at the moment between 3 pedals.

They are:

Fulltone choral flange, fulltone deja vibe, and the EVH phase 90.

Im gonna go down to the local shop and have a quick listen to the 3 of em tomorrow.

Well I pulled the trigger on the EVH Phase 90.

Got it new at my shop for the same price as new on Ebay, so I cant compain about that.

I can't say enough positive things about it.
Sounds rich, smooth, warm, whirly, and silky.
One knob control, its as easy as can be.

Solid construction and the blue led, OMG, this thing nearly blinds you and I'm not kidding =) it's bright.

I have to admit this is a great phaser.

I haven't had the amp beyond LOUD bedroom level, (only had the box for a few hours so far, but I'll be able to put some serious Dual Rectifier Tube power behind it tommorrow.

Mixed with a nice INtellifex delay and chorus and we are talking univibe land here.

Great pedal.

p.s. Thanks goes to cvansickle for helping me pull the trigger! =).

an extremely satisfied 054...

Hey, the pressure is all mine, I assure you! Glad to be anybody's triggerman. Have gun, not afraid to abuse it!

Oh, I forgot about that cursed blue LED. It seems that every boo-teek builder wants to use them too. I blame Robert Keeley....

Latest posts

Back