The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedal board comparison
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I am comparing the new Voodoolab dingbat vs the Pedaltrain pedalboards. This will be my first pedal board; right now everything is sitting on the floor. Currently I’m running a tuner, Wah, Phaser, OD, noise gate, and the large TC electronics delay pedal. They all run into my Mesa Mark V 35. I’m sure with GAS and room on the board I will acquire more in the future.
At a glance for the money the VooDoo lab SEEMs like the better deal (essentially the same size, with 4 more power outputs for $50 more, plus already put together.)

The Dingbat medium with Pedal power Mondo costs $379, the board is 22” by 13.5” and the Mondo has 12 isolated output sections.

The Pedaltrain package I built would cost $332 (the price includes the mounting brackets) ; its board is 24” x 12.5, and a pedal power 2 which has 8 output sections.

Dows anyone have experience with either of these two pedal board options?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:05 pm 
Mark I

I initially thought about getting the pedaltrain mainly because it was the first one I had looked at. It was the right size and it came with a carry bag. I was using a DIY board made from Home Depot parts and wanted an upgrade. Lol.

I ended up buying a Gator Gig Box Jr only because the lid is also a stand that holds 3 instruments. Saves an extra trip every gig. $150 on sale (Normally $179) with the power supply. I would really suggest to anyone getting this to get the version without the Gator power supply because it is so noisy. I use the One Spot adapter and it works with all my pedals, and threw the Gator adapter into storage.

93 97 98 PRS CE24
94 98 G&L Legacy
94 G&L ASAT Special
95 G&L S-500
99 Peavy Wolfgang
11 Gibson LP Studio 60

69 Bandmaster Head
88 Quad Pre
91 & 92 Simul 295
92 DC-5
96 Mark IV Maple/Wicker
98 5150 combo