Where are you playing with 4-12's and Rectos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zekmoe

Reaction score
Just curious, as I have several larger amps, but only ever use them at home for fun, and for occasional recording. The only places I ever play are little dives that are never large enough for big amps. My Matchless DC-30 at half power is too loud 99.99% of the time. So what kind of clubs or gigs are you playing where you can get away with a large amp setup? Are you playing large, outdoor gigs, or big gigs in theaters or arenas? Or are the clubs where you live big places? I live in the Smallbany NY area, and the places that have bands that play originals like ours are small or tiny. I'm envious of the places that everyone with the large rigs.

Bob , will eventually have a 3 watt, 1-10 amp I can crank.

If I play with a 'real drum set' not electronic, I'll use my Nomad 45, which is usually more than I need. With an electronic drum set, I always use a Subway Rocket. I know all the guys who 'need' 100 watts for tone etc.

I just want to play at a volume where the band gets paid, rather than thrown out. Actually, I like to get invited back to.

By the way, just plaid at a bowling alley (I know, what a crappy gig)
but we were very loud with my Subway, In fact, it allows us to bring a smaller PA, use smaller monitors...............work less hard, and get paid the same.

What a concept.

At home most of the time, but occasionally I gig with it at church. Yeah, I get to blast my full stack from the pulpit.

my nomad 45 through a 4x12 is loud enough for most stuff. i got it miked at the battle of the bands about a month ago... that was loud.. oh so loud :twisted:

Most of the clubs we play at are fairly small. But our drummer is mega loud, think Dave Grohl. Volume wise, I'm sure I could get away with a 2x12, but they don't have the thud of a 4x12.

We play the local bars and have one club that has house sound. That's really nice because it gives me a break. I play a LSC 2x12 and it works everywhere. We mic every gig and always get compliments on our sound. I don't think I could get away with anything bigger than that, but I'm not complaining, I love the Lonestar.

I play my Road King w/ RK 4X12 in the bedroom. Yes, the RK can get bedroom volumes and scream at the same time. Haven't gigged since 1983.

Back