R.I.P. Dimebag 9 years gone! Brutal!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe it's been that long ago, ****, I still feel it! I saw Damageplan 5 days earlier in Hartford as they warmed up Shadow's Fall. It was supposed to be the last show of the tour, but being pro's, they found a few gigs on their way back to TX, one in OH. Dime was messing with his new Krank amps, asking the small group of fans in the front what they thought of the sound and then had a roadie with a "best dude" t-shirt fill a large pitcher over and over with Seagram's 7 & coke and pour it down everyone's throat in the first couple of rows that wanted it, as the entire crew downed shots along with the audience, he told the roadie to do this three times. When Shadow's Fall went on stage, Dime immediately came out and poured beer over every member of SF and silly-stringed them. Brian, the singer for SF, commented that it would take a year to get the silly-string out of his knee length dread-locked hair. R.I.P. brother Dime, what else can I say? Brutal.

I started playing at the age of 5 (with lessons!), months before he died. My Mom actually listened to Pantera, and when I heard that he died, I was actually very sad on the inside. Now that I'm older, it impacts me WAY more than it did then, as he's been one of my biggest influences. I met his photographer, and even played a guitar played by him. So sad he was taken from this earth and us in such a wrong way. R.I.P. Brotha Dime! :'(

Hard to believe it's been that long...

And as tempted as I am, I won't preach to the choir about Dime's abilities.

Even though I don't play that style of music much these days, I still listen to quite a bit of Pantera - especially if I'm lifting. lol

Dimebag's tone is indescribable just like Jimi Hendrix, their tone, they never had the same and would be adjusted from show to show, song to song on albums, never to be nailed down perfect, but what a player. They're in the sky, was one of the masters on metal guitar!!!!

I remember it like yesterday, I was driving somewhere on a cold afternoon and the message came on over the radio. At first I couldn't believe it and thought I was imagining things, so I turned it up to hear the full story and it eventually sunk in hours later.

I figured it was probably 10 years ago, but 15! Wow....

Back