Cleaning Pots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tone1026

Reaction score
So my local mesa tech says he prefers not to clean pots unles they are bad, but i know i have heard many recommend it as general maintenece. He says the cleaner breaks down the original grease in the Pot, and causes them to loose their natural drag. I saw the deoxit fader lube is supposed to clean pots and "restore" lube lost by other cleaners... Thoughts? Pot cleaner recommendations?

I used a deoxit fader lube for the volume pots on my older guitars, works great. I only use though when they need it.

Deoxit for me too, but I do not hesitate using contact cleaner. I'm not using the pots a lot once I found their sweet spot.

As a quick solution, if you have none of these lying around but urgent to use something, use lighter fluid. On extreme occasions WD-40.

DeoxIT FaderLube F5 works great.

Pick up some grease if you want. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeoxIT-Fader-Grease-Caig-/121153690671?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c35529c2f
I got some for my EQ sliders.
I was kinda surprised at how small the jar was, but, then again you don't need very much.

Back