RIP Ray Manzarek/Doors

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard about it a couple of days ago on the radio.
Then they played LA Woman amongst other Doors tunes.
I remember his first solo album, done after the Doors ended and JM was gone.
Ray on the cover his face painted gold. A Great album btw but his work with the Doors will always be remembered best.

The Doors turned me on to music from that generation. I always thought Ray was the glue that held that band together. I don't think a lot of people realized that Ray played keyboard as well as "bass guitar." He was an extremely talented man who appeared to be quite humble and intelligent. And he had to have a ton of patience to deal with Jimbo's antics.

talltxguy said:
The Doors turned me on to music from that generation. I always thought Ray was the glue that held that band together. I don't think a lot of people realized that Ray played keyboard as well as "bass guitar." He was an extremely talented man who appeared to be quite humble and intelligent. And he had to have a ton of patience to deal with Jimbo's antics.

Ray was the most stable and creative of the lot, they couldn't have existed without him. I always admired how optimistic and enthusiastic he was when interviewed, even if he was to the point of looking back at Morrison with rose-colored glasses. He was the most patient with Morrison; without him, the other 2 probably would have given up and walked away.

It's sad looking at my favorite musicians and movie stars now.....to me, they are still in 1970 or whenever it was that I remember them in their primes, but all of my heroes are very old now, grandparent age and then some...and we don't live forever.... :(

Back