Bourbon and Cigars/High Quality Tobacco

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
Yup. So, while I'm taking my sweet time to write my next album I recently have been involved with enjoying the finer things in life.

I'm currently working on a good bourbon (Maker's 46) and puffin on a La Aroma De Cuba cigar. The flavors play with each other incredibly. When it comes to smokes, I'm enjoying a pack of good old Camel (non-filtered). They are stinky so I usually reserve those until late in the evening.

For those of you who enjoy these things, please chime in and let's hammer out this thread.

bourbon, yes.

like Rye, and scotch.

cigars, smell like burning horse turds.
no like.

I started smoking a pipe a couple years ago, and I have been known to enjoy a good IPA along with a fill of a nice English blend.

I never knew how enjoyable tobacco could be until I quit smoking cigarettes, and eventually later took up the pipe. Also I found that with the cigs I was a slave to the nicotine. Now I can choose when to sit and smoke for a while, or go even several weeks without.

I have never gotten into cigars, but I can now see why people smoke them.

Trey Blue said:
I started smoking a pipe a couple years ago, and I have been known to enjoy a good IPA along with a fill of a nice English blend.

I never knew how enjoyable tobacco could be until I quit smoking cigarettes, and eventually later took up the pipe. Also I found that with the cigs I was a slave to the nicotine. Now I can choose when to sit and smoke for a while, or go even several weeks without.

I have never gotten into cigars, but I can now see why people smoke them.

Totally. I was given a few cigars after the company I worked for was acquired by a larger conglomerate and I was subsequently given the heave-ho. La Aroma de Cuba and Romeo y Juliette. I usually have to travel for my current job. So, there's nothing like passing the time with a nicely humidified cigar for 2+ hours. I've got a cherry cigar box that holds about 50 toro cigars. It just looks gorgeous. I inherited a pipe as well with some English Leaf and Cherry Virginian Tobac. Totally tasty.

I'm a EPA guy myself. Surly Furious or a good Summit beer (both local to MN).

+1 on the Suly and Summit beers. It's rare to be out of Summit at my house.
I've been a long time Jack Daniels drinker. This winter I decided to do some experimenting with bourbon. Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve are some I've tried.
So far the Woodford has been the best.
This past weekend I was in a bar in the Mall of America eying the Maker's Mark 46 on the shelf but never ordered one. It was mid afternoon and the bartender had just put a frinkin' giant glass of Woodford Reserve in front of me. :shock: Another drink that size on an empty stomach and it would have been taxi time. :lol:

Riff Blister said:
I've been a long time Jack Daniels drinker. This winter I decided to do some experimenting with bourbon. Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve are some I've tried.
This past weekend I was in a bar in the Mall of America eying the Maker's Mark 46 on the shelf but never ordered one. It was mid afternoon and the bartender had just put a frinkin' giant glass of Woodford Reserve in front of me. :shock: Another drink that size on an empty stomach and it would have been taxi time. :lol:

Were you referring to Hooters or The Cantina in MOA? I always get shi!t faced everytime I drink at those joints.

I highly recommend Makers 46. There's a lot of flavor going on there. Knob Creek is good. Last time I drank Knob Creek I ended up sleeping at a Super 8 and revisiting Pizza Luce on the newly recarpeted floor. Woodford is really good too...uber smooth with an oaky finish.

Also, I prefer Surly Furious from the Tap. The canned stuff tastes funny, and you can never go wrong with Summit.

MesaGod666 said:
Riff Blister said:

Were you referring to Hooters or The Cantina in MOA? I always get shi!t faced everytime I drink at those joints.

I highly recommend Makers 46. There's a lot of flavor going on there. Knob Creek is good. Last time I drank Knob Creek I ended up sleeping at a Super 8 and revisiting Pizza Luce on the newly recarpeted floor. Woodford is really good too...uber smooth with an oaky finish.

Also, I prefer Surly Furious from the Tap. The canned stuff tastes funny, and you can never go wrong with Summit.

I was in the lounge that is part of the new Radisson Blue hotel attached to the MOA. Nice place.

To get some great cigars at a really good price check out www.holts.com

I'm leaving town for business. So last week I stocked up on some ACID Extraordinary Larry, Rocky Patel Ocean, Java Sampler, and Romeo y Juillet cigars...40 cigars all for about $100. Everything came packed in a humidified box and the sticks were perfect. I live in MN and they got here in two days.

They also have a $30 cigar of the month club. 5 cigars for $30 is a **** good deal.

Check it out if you are interested in trying something new.

hey doods, check your shoes..
i think somebody stepped in something..

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back