Grammy connection(shameless post)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
I abhor awards shows, but 2 interesting things about the Grammy awards show tonight for me:
1. I heard Prince was performing...I am hoping he is weilding his tele
2. the Alabama Shakes are up for best New Artist and Best Performance(whatever the hell that is these days..)
-I taught the singer and bass player in school , and I have played the same dives that their guitar player has played...pretty cool
-the bass player was watching me playing in a dive a few months before they became an "overnight indie sensation"...he was freakin' out a little..seeing his old teacher "shreddin" on a Martin-
-still hard to believe these kids from north Alabama are up for a Grammy

that's cool, lester....

it's neat when you see connections like this..
even if they're not acknowledged by the others,
it's a memory that is not forgotten.

gonzo said:
that's cool, lester....

it's neat when you see connections like this..
even if they're not acknowledged by the others,
it's a memory that is not forgotten.
true!
well, i was wrong about Prince, but Brittany was one of the featured singers on the Levon Helm tribute-she kicked it!

lesterpaul said:
I abhor awards shows, but 2 interesting things about the Grammy awards show tonight for me:
1. I heard Prince was performing...I am hoping he is weilding his tele
2. the Alabama Shakes are up for best New Artist and Best Performance(whatever the hell that is these days..)
-I taught the singer and bass player in school , and I have played the same dives that their guitar player has played...pretty cool
-the bass player was watching me playing in a dive a few months before they became an "overnight indie sensation"...he was freakin' out a little..seeing his old teacher "shreddin" on a Martin-
-still hard to believe these kids from north Alabama are up for a Grammy
Nice!

Back