Hurricane Sandy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njsurf

Reaction score
Hunkering down in southern nj. We still have power here at the moment. Worse to come. Any one else caught in the storm be safe and best of luck.

Made it through unscathed. A few trees down, a lot of power outages (not me though) and bad shoreline flooding.

No power at work today so I'm home again with the family. The sun is shining and there are a couple of small patches of blue in the sky. Big difference from yesterday afternoon that's for sure.

Dom

We got hit with the edge of the impotent 'post tropical storm' after it had petered out inland. Basically, we had gusts of wind up to 60mph and sheets of rain about 9:00pm last night.
I was wearing my gortex rain coat I bought on the west coast and I was putting my toddler in the van when his ball rolled out of the vehicle and was propelled down the sidewalk by the vicious winds. He had a freakout and started screaming "DA BAAWWWWWWWWLL DA BAAAWWWWLLLLL WAHAHAHAHAH!!!!"
We told him we'd get him another one.

I hope all of you are doing ok. I can't imagine what it would be like to endure a REAL storm since I only have experience with blizzards!

i've been thru a few big hurricanes. (6, actually)

the worst was Hugo, in 1989

i was without water for 2 weeks...

and without power for 6 weeks.

all i can say is, it can happen, so be prepared.

My family and I made it through the storm safely. A couple trees and a fence fell down, luckily not on my house. Power is back on. Sorry for those who still do not have power. Long Beach Island, near where I live did not fare so well. Luckily my work office located on the island survived.

Back