RIP JAMES MARSHALL HENDRIX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
passed away today in 1970-thanks Jimi!(I am a lefty, and I am sooo **** thankful I stuck with it-he was the main reason I bought my buddy's righty strat and turned her upside down...took the plunge...and its still the best **** decision I ever made)
-lets the raise the dead tonight-drink up for the voodoo chile 8)

I'd like to say I preferred his clean to dirty stuff, his rhythm work to solos, his songwriting to his guitar playing; but I just can't pick a favorite aspect of his music. His music is such a nice blend of technique and feel with enough life to keep it real.

I do believe I'll have a few this evening while listening to some of his takes on existence.

Here's a cool pic I have of him in my jam space:

sweet-Guitar World mag has just released a few exerpts from some lost interviews...they were lifted from a book thats coming out soon...Jimi talked about why his live recordings were sometimes not up to his likings...he plainly states that because of his performance and abuse of the guitar, his tuning was usually always off...he lamented this, but nonetheless believed it was part of the live "experience", if you will-cool stuff

Man, I was 4 when he passed. I still get sick when I think what he could be doing today. It's a sin. In June of 1968 he jamed at the Scene club in NYC with Jeff Beck and Clapton, sadly no bootlegs of that. What a F K'n show that must of been.

Those few years he gave us tons to work on and admire as guitarists. Much studio work and tons of good boots. He was just insane live.

Still 40 + years later a terrible loss.

Latest posts

Back