My band's new song

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Onward To Olympas - Wolf's Jaw
http://youtu.be/N_GBePadhIU

We have a new cd coming out October 9th, and we just wrapped up shooting the live part of a real music video for this song as well.

Guitar tone is a PRS SE Torero with an EMG 85 in the bridge through a Soldano SLO with all factory mods into a Petrucci owned Recto Traditional 4x12 (black and tan) that was quad mic'd and tracked twice per side. Bass is a Fender P bass ran into a sans amp direct. Hope you dig it.

-AJH

Thanks man.

To answer the question, it just sounded better to be honest. The tone was thicker and more in your face than my Rectos. We tried both 6L6 and EL-34's, and although we could have worked on it and gotten a great tone, the Soldano was just magnificent from the flip of the standby switch. I love the Rectos, but, in the end, we all agreed that the Soldano just had more tone in it. We also tried a 5150 III as well, which sounded good too, but also fell to the sound of the SLO. I would seriously consider trading both my Rectos for this Soldano, but.......he would never go for it lol.

Also, on a side note:
We recorded with Taylor Larson at Oceanic Studios in Bethesda, MD. He just recorded Periphery II right before we went into the studio.

-AJH

Back