Direct TV and Viacom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
Direct TV has removed several good Viacom channels from the Direct TV menu.

Now this is funny! Visit both websites, and you'll see a disagreement that would make the conservatives and liberals proud. :p Direct TV claims Viacom is greedy, and Viacom claims Direct TV is greedy.

I don't watch much TV, but I do have a teenager who is on summer break; so this little situation of greed does affect me indirectly. If I cancel our Direct TV contract, then we'll be charged $20 a month for the rest of our contract, which is up in November 2013. I don't really care about those Viacom channels, but my wife and teenager do! I don't want them upset.
So I asked Direct TV for a proration since the best channels aren't currently available. And wouldn't you know it, the benevolent, gracious souls at Direct TV gave us a proration...$5 off this month's bill. :lol: Oh, and $5 off the next two bills as well.

Whatever dude, I think it's time to watch less TV and play more guitar.

And so, I would like to thank Direct TV and Viacom for making me a better guitarist! 8)

This affects us too. I will call and get prorated too. Kinda sucks for the kids.

Latest posts

Back