The great therapy of music

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10300

Reaction score
"... When your body and mind are working together then the relationship between the two goes smoothly, and their natural therapeutic systems place you in a state of health and grace. [I told you earlier that] your feelings follow the flow of your beliefs, and if this does not seem true to you it is because you are not aware of the contents of your conscious mind. You can close your physical eyes. You can close the eyes of your conscious mind also, and pretend not to see what is there. It is because you do not trust your own basic therapeutic nature, or really understand the conscious or unconscious mind, that you run to so many therapies that originate from without the self.

It seems that technologies and inventions have done a lot of harm, and so they have. On the other hand technology brings within your reach the great therapy of music; this activates the inner living cells of your body, stimulates the energy of the inner self and helps to unite the conscious mind with the other portions of your being.

Music is an exterior representation, and an excellent one, of the life-giving inner sounds that act therapeutically within your body all the time. The music is a conscious reminder of those deep inner rhythms, both of sound and of motion. Listening to music that you like will often bring images into your mind that show you your conscious beliefs in different form.

The natural healing of sound can happen also when you do such a simple thing as listen to the rain. You do not need drugs, hypnotism or even meditation. You only need to allow and direct the freedom of your conscious mind. Left alone, it will flow through thoughts and images that provide their own therapy.

You often avoid this natural treatment, however, and run from frightening conscious thoughts that would in their turn lead you to the source of "negative" beliefs, where they could be faced; you could then travel through them, so to speak, into feelings of joy and victory. Instead for example, many of you accept the way of drugs, where such feelings and thoughts are thrust upon you, or forced out of you while you are denied the stabilizing comforts of the conscious mind."

"The nature of personal reality" -- Seth/Jane Roberts
(First printing; Chapter 10, page 186)

I like hiting the dissonant notes (the fabric of Blues) to keep the balance in my otherwise quiet life.

Most importantly though, I like to turn it up so I can't here the other voices in my head :wink:

therapeutic indeed....

Last Thursday evening while napping I suffered a bite from an unknown bug on my leg. What started as the size of a mosquito bite by Fri morning had become a 6"x6" patch of owie owie throbbing hurtfulness with a low grade fever. Threw a bandage on and went to work anyway.

By Friday night my whole lower leg is swollen red and purple and just not very pretty along with the pounding headache and worsening fever. Time to get to the gig. YumYum (our lovely singer) asks should we cancel and I give her that "the fricking show must go on" look and load the Mark IV in the car with a moan and a stagger or two. At the gig almost ready to start and I feel like total *** and just want home/couch/death.

Then we we begin.

I swear to god during the songs I felt no pain from the melting mess of my lower calf. I just live the music and I fly. I was so surprised by it. During our breaks....I was on the floor demanding the grim reaper take me but during the sets I couldn't believe how I could just lose myself in the music. For me it was indeed very bad when drums stop.

Music is indeed therapeutic.

ymmv

topcat0399 said:
therapeutic indeed....

Last Thursday evening while napping I suffered a bite from an unknown bug on my leg. What started as the size of a mosquito bite by Fri morning had become a 6"x6" patch of owie owie throbbing hurtfulness with a low grade fever. Threw a bandage on and went to work anyway.

By Friday night my whole lower leg is swollen red and purple and just not very pretty along with the pounding headache and worsening fever. Time to get to the gig. YumYum (our lovely singer) asks should we cancel and I give her that "the fricking show must go on" look and load the Mark IV in the car with a moan and a stagger or two. At the gig almost ready to start and I feel like total *** and just want home/couch/death.

Then we we begin.

I swear to god during the songs I felt no pain from the melting mess of my lower calf. I just live the music and I fly. I was so surprised by it. During our breaks....I was on the floor demanding the grim reaper take me but during the sets I couldn't believe how I could just lose myself in the music. For me it was indeed very bad when drums stop.

Music is indeed therapeutic.

ymmv

Poisionous spider bite?

Latest posts

Back