RIP Doc Watson

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gts

Reaction score
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples
RIP Doc Watson!

I was kind of surprised nothing has been said/ posted here about Doc Watson passing.
While not an electric player, his influence was major and changed/ impacted the acoustic/ bluegrass world in ways similar to the impact Hendrix had on the electric guitar world.

gts said:
RIP Doc Watson!

I was kind of surprised nothing has been said/ posted here about Doc Watson passing.
While not an electric player, his influence was major and changed/ impacted the acoustic/ bluegrass world in ways similar to the impact Hendrix had on the electric guitar world.
well, I was going to,but I figured no one here knew Doc-a monster player!!!...and he did exactly as you state,George...the guitar became a solo instrument because of his approach...he really has an economic style,esp. in terms of his fretting hand position and how it is perfectly in synch with that monster "flatpickin"-he put in some serious woodshedding..(and in his case, I bet it really was a woodshed)
RIP

A wonderful voice to go with that guitar. Was recently giving away a couple of copies of his CD "memories" which has some great music on it.

Could flat pick and finger pick. Will be sadly missed.

Back