Am I The Only 14 Year Old To Soon Obtain A Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaulguy32

Reaction score
I've been working, and saving my money. It's come to the point where I may soon have enough money to get a Road King II combo.

It's good to see that you've worked for it and saved up on your own. I have a son who will be turning 14 this year.

Good luck with it!!

Thanks dude! It's also cool because the Road King is the most expensive model on the market. It has everything I need since I'll be gigging and recording. I absolutely cannot wait. Maybe even after I get the Road King, I can save up for a used Tremoverb, which is much less in cost.

elvis said:
I'm also impressed to see a 14-y-o working. I wish you the best!

Why is it important that it's the most expensive model?

Because he'll be the ONLY 14 year old with a Mesa! This is one of those posts you go back and read 10 years later and cringe. Based on the guitars listed in his sig, I'd say work isn't the only one paying for all this gear :)

Yea, my mom payed for some of it. I will, however, be saving up for these amps, because it's something I want to really appreciate. I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for the feedback, guys!

1) You're not the first 14 year old with a Mesa. There's probably been thousands of them over the years.

2) If you're a young dude with nice stuff it's generally not a good idea to bring your age into the conversation... it makes the topic fair game and most people will assume your parents paid for everything... no matter how many times you argue that you earned the money yourself. In the end it's best to leave your age and your source of income out of the conversation.

3) Hope you get the amp. I love Rectos.

well ur very lucky-took me to 53 to get mine-worth the wait,i REALLY appreciate it,hope u do.congrats

lespaulguy32 said:
I've been working, and saving my money. It's come to the point where I may soon have enough money to get a Road King II combo.

Heh. I was 14 once. Good times.

First of all, congrats on working a job + keeping said job + exercising fiscal discipline in order to earn the opportunity to own a very cool Mesa Road King II combo.

Second of all, no you are not the first 14 year old to obtain a Mesa. Sorry dude. However, you're still cooler than most 14 year olds out there because you have fiscal responsibility and a Mesa. BOOSH!

MesaGod666 said:
lespaulguy32 said:

First of all, congrats on working a job + keeping said job + exercising fiscal discipline in order to earn the opportunity to own a very cool Mesa Road King II combo.

Second of all, no you are not the first 14 year old to obtain a Mesa. Sorry dude. However, you're still cooler than most 14 year olds out there because you have fiscal responsibility and a Mesa. BOOSH!

What he said. :)

rk is overkill. i had it before, gigging, never needed it all. plus it's huge and heavy. hated gigging and hauling that beast after a while. unless you absolutely need 4 channels in a live setting, 3 or even 2ch amps are just fine and save money for other goodies.

Latest posts

Back