RIP LEVON HELM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
...the VOICE, if there ever was one,...esp. in the south-if I could sing, I would want to sound like LEVON HELM....if i could write music,act,influence,exist...I would choose LEVON HELM...when you get a little older...and wiser....check out LEVON HELM...
..."pulled into Navareth,...feelin bout half past dead..."...in case you need a starter's kit...!
RIP !

Lesterpaul, you do realize the demographic here is probably half our age. :)

Who has more wrinkle on their face between Robbie Roberston and Keith Richards?

RR said:
Lesterpaul, you do realize the demographic here is probably half our age. :)

Who has more wrinkle on their face between Robbie Roberston and Keith Richards?

Yikes! I turned 55yo last week. I used to watch Dick Clark's American Bandstand on Saturday mornings. :shock: :lol:

Oh Happy Be-late Birthday Riff Blister
52 in June. :shock:

Is there any explanation why "The Weight" on the Easy Rider Sound Track was played by "Smith" not "The Band"?

yes, happy belated!(you guys are old...I just turned 44.. :) )
that is weird.."The Weight" in the movie is The Band, but its covered on the soundtrack?acc. to whoever wrote the wikipedia entry for the band called "Smith", the Band's original wasn't availbe for strack due to contractural reasons

Gee lesterpaul, you're a youngster compared to us. Just that when you mentioned Levon Helm, I assume you were an old fogies like us.

Yeah, I read about The Band were originally going to play "The Weight" for one of the songs on the Easy Rider Soundtrack but due to contractual obligation, they couldn't and why the band "Smith" did cover it.

Yeah, I'm an old geezer, every time a I see a foxy pretty young girl I would say to myself: "I would like to see her mom, I betcha she's hot too!" :lol:

Wait a minute Chester!!!
The band "Smith", now that's diggin' pretty deep. Their lead singer Gayle McCormick was kind a fox in a 60s hippy-chick kind of way. Great voice too!

Now get off my lawn!

haa!you guys are killin' me...!
reminds me of a Johnny Winter song...was it called "Check Her Momma"?

went like this right here...
Check out her mama before you say I do
Check out her mama now just between me and you
Unless her mama is fine, you'd better take your time
She's gonna look just like her mama on down the line!

amen to that

Riff Blister said:
Wait a minute Chester!!!
The band "Smith", now that's diggin' pretty deep. Their lead singer Gayle McCormick was kind a fox in a 60s hippy-chick kind of way. Great voice too!
Is she related to "Maureen McCormick"? If you heard of that name, you either watch the original show or watch the show on cable channel : "TV Land" episodes. :oops:

Latest posts

Back