Austin,Tx,anyone??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My band is playing in Temple on Saturday night. Haven't looked to see what else is happening around town.

ned said:
My band is playing in Temple on Saturday night. Haven't looked to see what else is happening around town.
I have checked out a lot of sites...wouldnt mind catching Bob Schneider..probably a fun time
-Temple? I know I am driving thru Temple, but its gonna be Sunday-playing any through the week of 26th-30th?
ALSO, and I may have asked you last summer...any cool guitar shops in and around the area?I would love to go to Southpaw in Houston(me lefty..), but thats gonna be too far
thanks NEd, and break a leg!

We only play on Weekends :)

There are a couple of cool shops on South Lamar, one is right next door to the Saxon Pub - catch Bob there on Monday nights. Austin Vintage is right down the street from Saxon Pub.

Austin Vintage always has beautiful, used amps for sale.

If you're looking to check out some Mesas, then head to Musicmakers as they have quite a few in the back room that you can rip on. Not sure if they have the Mini Rectos yet since I haven't been there in a few months.

Also, Austin GC North has Mesas although I still haven't been to that store yet.

I saw Bob Schneider at The Saxon and the whole show was just crap... but people were into it so I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. But that 'hulk' song sucks. I shot some videos because I couldn't believe how bad it was but never bothered to post them. Anyway, to each his own.

On a better topic, check out Musicmakers In Austin. Great selection and great guys!

bcdon,you obviously had not drank enough... :) he is a helluva songwriter who usually has some unique,kickass musicians hangin' around from time to time..being an acoustic performer myself, I can totally understand ****#y shows-I have played in many of them!
-a crappy night at the Saxon beats a crappy night at Long's Tavern for sure,anyway
-I was underwhelmed the last 2 times I visited Austin,from a music standpoint at least-as some had told me, it ain't what it used to be
-a lot of what I have seen is Nashville-ish, but I know there is a lot more to discover-hence the journey I take tomorrow-thanks for all the tips,guys
-if you see a dude with a Boogie shirt on, chances are its me 8)

Speaking of acoustic gigs, I was treated to some "suckage" tonight as I walked by a patio type restaurant. When I first heard the music, it was an acoustic guitar playing rhythm with an electric doing the lead work. It was a bit country-fied for my tastes, but the playing was good. I will always give credit when it's due. Then the vocals started. :( It was a female vocalist doing what sounded like a blend of singing and yodeling. I'd rather take five swift kicks in the balls than ever hear that garbage again. I told my wife that it would take a good dose of Bootsy Collins, Black Sabbath, or James Brown to wash that mess from my auditory memory. I think I'll start with JB "The Payback". 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike if you see this PM me or give me a call/ email. I've got good friends that live in Austin.
They usually know what's going on around town and elsewhere.

Fwiw my friend Pat was born and raised in San Antonio. He and his wife (who is from Maine) met while living in Austin. (They have actually lived in Maine too).
We had a great time while in Austin 15 months ago. Much of that due to their suggestions on where to go.
We spent two weeks during Christmas & New Years and saw as much as we could from Austin to San Antonio.
Austin Vintage was a good shop to check out.

Latest posts

Back