New Type of G.A.S.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
I called it "Gear Anticipation Syndrome". I was just wondering if anyone else does what I do during the "wait period" prior to purchasing or receiving new gear. For me it happens in the time frame of either a) the time between when I find something I really want until the day I get it, or b) the time frame between buying something that i have had on the radar for a while (usually more of an impulse buy) and actually getting my hands on it. I typically get really antsy, download any manuals, read them a few times, watch all kinds of youtube videos, read reviews, and then once it gets here I tend to act is if I were 5 yrs old and just got the sweetest lego set on the planet for Christmas. Am I normal or just a little too fanatical about the guitar?

This post was prompted by my actions this week while waiting on a new multi-effect pedal to arrive, as well as the last month while waiting for Mesa to tell me that they have finished building my new cab (hopefully soon!!!!!!!). Last time I ordered it took about 6 weeks, and I read the new Recto's manual at least 2 times over. I couldn't imagine waiting on the private reserve pieces that could take a year to be built, and those goes for custom guitars as well....how do you do it? :shock: :shock:

/crazyrant
-AJH

I'm pretty much the same.

When I see something that sparks my interest as a potential buy, first thing I do is check if a store nearby has one for tryout. If not, I watch just about any video I can find and read all the reviews, the constructive and honest ones AND the hype-filled biased ones. Then I read the manual and stuff to learn some tricks before I even get it, so that if I will get it, I'll get started with it as fast as possible (this applies to mostly electronics). If it's a guitar I'll spend some time just drooling over it.

I remember re-reading the TriAxis manual when it was a package in transit several times. The only amp I owned then was a Marshall so boy was I confused :D

I think we're all just bigger kids with bigger toys. :D My girlfriend said my rig is complicated so I asked her if I can run it down so she'll see it's not all that complex and it's really nothing special. She agreed and when I was done she commented that I'm cute when I'm in "geek" mode acting like a 2nd grader :lol:

Jackie said:
... My girlfriend said my rig is complicated so I asked her if I can run it down so she'll see it's not all that complex and it's really nothing special. She agreed and when I was done she commented that I'm cute when I'm in "geek" mode acting like a 2nd grader :lol:

Yep. Same here. +1

Dennis

Latest posts

Back