how do you check how old your mesa is?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaydenD

Reaction score
Just curious, I bought mine used and the guy said its 6 years old but I just wanna check. Will it say the year somewhere on the head?

it should be written on the chassis. also, the big blue caps have a date code on them, and that could give you an idea, unless it had them replaced.

what did you buy? pics?

scott

Still can't find it lol.

I bought a Mesa dual rectifier Solo 100watt with a marshall 1960a cab.

I'll post a pic on my profile

if it's not written in marker where the tubes are in the chassis, you may have to open it up and look inside

scott

Like stated above, the older head's build date is located on the inside of the chassis (where all of the circuit boards are). You will have to pull the metal chassis out of the head shell. There are four screws on the bottom of the head that hold the chassis in the head shell. Remove those and then the chassis will slide out of the rear of the head shell box. I would remove the power and rectifier tubes before taking the chassis out. Thank goodness the new ones are written on the outside. Makes it so much easier. Another option is to give Mesa a call and tell them the serial #. They can probably give you a ball park date for when the head was built in their shop.

-AJH

call Mesa with the serial number and they can tell you. When I owned a series 1 Rverb I found out it was a 98 model.

Latest posts

Back