New, just bought a Dual Rectifier, kind of a dumb question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaydenD

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well as of friday I now own a Mesa dual rectifier with a marshall 1960a cab (believe they are 6 years old).

So I have been looking on the Grail Tone website and when I am reading the dial settings(1:30, 12 ect.) does 12 mean vertical up, like noon?

Cause I saw that it goes up to 12:30 so is that max or like half way..?

So if I saw the setting at say 6 o clock, would that be like half way between 0 and noon or noon and full?

I feel retarded for asking. :?

I usually prefer giving settings in 1/10 format, but I think that in the case of a Recto or any Mesa amp for that matter since they don't really have a numerical scale like Marshalls, for example, the "o'clock" settings presentation is better albeit to me it's a bit less precise (I sometimes write 3.6 when I want to say "a hair over 3 and a half").

Usually 5 o'clock is full, 7 o'clock is 0, 12 o'clock is half. The knob's... little, circle pointy thingy (?) corresponds to an hour dial of a clock, so you can visualize where to set the knob.
Usually when folks say 12:30 they mean 5.5 (somewhere between noon and 1 o'clock) but I think it's a bit confusing to put it that way.

So if we have these settings for a Recto channel
Master 5
Bass 3
Mid 4
Treble 5.5
Gain 6
Presence 2

that would be

Master 12 o'clock
Bass 10 o'clock
Mid 11 o'clock
Treble 12:30 o'clock
Gain 1 o'clock
Presence 9 o'clock

No need to feel retarded it's a simple question with a simple answer :wink:

Thank you for the answers.

I just bought an Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier myself and had the same question, I started to think "Is it something wrong with mine?!?". But then you wrote tha 7 o'clock is minimum and 5 o'clock is maximum, I was relieved.

So thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back