Black Sabbath

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riff Blister

Reaction score
11.11.11 They announce a reunion, new album and world tour in 2012 all original members I assume. :shock:
Will you buy the album?
Would you buy concert tickets if they showed up near you?

I would need to listen to the album first, but I'd go see them for sure.

Riff Blister said:
11.11.11 They announce a reunion, new album and world tour in 2012 all original members I assume. :shock:
Will you buy the album?
Would you buy concert tickets if they showed up near you?
Wow, Tony and Ozzy have kissed and made up?!
Then again Ozzy will kiss most anything...
Sure I'd go see them and hope to hear them play everything from their first five albums.
Buy the new album? Don't know, would have to hear some cuts first.
Still it's amazing to hear Tony and Ozzy have resolved things enough to go on tour and perhaps do a new album.

I was against the idea of them getting back together. I mean really against it. I just don't think there's any way they come close to the greatness of their early stuff, so why even try, right? But now that it's happened, I've turned around. I still don't think they can put out an album that stands next to the classics but why not? Tony and Geezer showed us they can still write with the last Heaven & Hell album. I'm sure those 2 guys will deliver. The H&H album would have been great if not for the unbelievably dull and utterly unimaginative drum performance by Vinny. I think having Bill back behind the kit is what makes this exciting for me. And as for Ozzy...... honestly, who listens to Classic Sabbath for the vocals anyway? LOL!! As long as it's not processed to death (no studio tricks on the vocals, no fancy "modern" production.... just old-school Sabbath.

Yeah, I'll most likely check out the new album full well knowing it wont match the classic stuff. How could it?
I asked my three old band mates if they were up for a Sabbath concert and got the overwhelming "hell yeah!"

I am lucky enough to have seen the original band back in 1975. I was a 18 y/o monster Sabbath fan at the time, so I got right up front for the whole show. I'll never forget it.
I saw the again with Dio during the "Black and Blue" tour with Blue Oyster Cult. They were so loud that I remember feeling sick to my stomach. Strange.

Nothing they do now will match those shows, obviously, but I'd love to see them again on stage together.

I've seen Sabbath with Gillian on the Born Again tour, on Ozzfest the first time the original members got back together, once again a few years later and Heaven & Hell once. All 4 shows were excellent, but man, that first time I saw the original back together..... that show was just outstanding. It was probably 25 years after I got into them and something I never thought I'd ever see. And boy did they deliver.

And Tony has to be the devil. He's up there under all the stage lights and in the blistering heat of an outdoor summer amplitheater show.... with a friggin' full length leather coat on..... and there isn't a bead of sweat to be seen. :lol:

I would buy the album....but not tickets. Ozzy isn't up to snuff for playing live anymore and the studio can fix his many shortcomings now days. I can honestly say I don't think he weathered as well as the rest of the band, who always put on a good show even if the front man ruins the performance.

If they do like KISS and make the reunion tickets affordable (1996-1997), I would be there in a flash. If they let the promoters bend everyone over(a-la Eagles hell freezes over tour), I'll have no part of it. No new album, please. Let their early '70s greatness live on forever !!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'll buy the album to support the origional Sabbs for sure.
I'm in Calgary so if they come here I will go see them.
I definetly want a tour shirt!

Back