saw a Mountain Lion yesterday

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score

would have said 'cougar', but then some of you would have missed the point.
LOL

this was a BIG cougar.... i'd say, at least 6 feet long without the tail.....

it was about 450 feet above us, on the side of a canyon that we use for daily exercise, close to the neighborhood.
stalking thru the snow (we got a little less than a foot this past friday/saturday)

about half hour later, we witnessed it attack a 2-point buck in some thick scrub brush.
it missed, and did a shoulder roll across the buck, and stopped..
the buck, kicked off and up the hill about 25 feet away, and stopped.

the cougar stalked backwards, and i can only guess it went around a knoll just behind and above, snuck around the other side of the ridgeline where the buck was heading, and waited.

the buck, stood dead stock still, for at least 20 minutes, before it very slowly started heading back up the hill.

we didn't wait any longer to watch, but still, we're only 2 miles up the canyon from the entrance, and those cougars are always up there, somewhere.

That's intense. I was with my Grandfather on a motorcycle trip up in West Virginia at Snow Shoe Ski Resort and saw a small mountain lion near the entrance. He was a young one, curious and walking around the road. I always enjoy seeing wildlife.

-AJH

gonzo said:

would have said 'cougar', but then some of you would have missed the point.
LOL ...
I would have missed the point. :lol:
girls-kathy1.jpg

In all seriousness, woah, that was pretty intense experience.

In San Jose, Calif. a mountain lion was spotted in Alum Rock Park. If anyone knows Silicon Valley, Santa Clara area, that is fairly populated area. Alum Rock Park is in the foothill, outskirt of San Jose Jose.

Latest posts

Back