Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ToneThumb :D

I can't really imagine what you are talking about... pic perhaps?

You must be playing a lot! I had a bump like that on my right middle finger back when I was a drafter, working on a drafting board!

I just checked my thumb,nothing like that. :?

Don said:
You must be playing a lot! I had a bump like that on my right middle finger back when I was a drafter, working on a drafting board!
Now this I can relate to. I've been a draftsman for years. Back in the days before CAD, I had the same thing from manually drawing with a pencil.

These days it would be more like a callus on my a$$ from sitting all day in front of a computer. :lol:

Riff Blister said:

Don said:
Now this I can relate to. I've been a draftsman for years. Back in the days before CAD, I had the same thing from manually drawing with a pencil.

These days it would be more like a callus on my a$$ from sitting all day in front of a computer. :lol:

Same here! I'm a mechanical designer now and do little drafting though I'm still on my butt doing solid modeling all day!

So that makes 3 of us, I'm a designer as well (started in 1983 on the board). Now it's carpo tunnel (SP) syndrom in both arms from the mouse and the space puck, spinning assemblies. Anyway, I have a calouse on my right hand, 3rd finger, first knuckle on finger. I figured out that it was caused by a beer mug :lol: . Also have one on my right index finger by the nail caused by picking the guitar.

Don said:
Riff Blister said:

Don said:

Same here! I'm a mechanical designer now and do little drafting though I'm still on my butt doing solid modeling all day!

TTSTWO,
Funny remark about the beer mug callus. For years I had a rough callus on the side of my right hand index finger. I couldn't figure what the hell it was from. :?
Then I realized it was from opening beer bottles with twist off caps. :lol: Those folks over at Budweiser know how to secure a bottle cap!!!
The callus is still there but a lot smaller as my pallet has become more refined :roll: leading me to beer that requires a bottle opener to gain access. :)

Riff Blister said:
TTSTWO,
Funny remark about the beer mug callus. For years I had a rough callus on the side of my right hand index finger. I couldn't figure what the hell it was from. :?
Then I realized it was from opening beer bottles with twist off caps. :lol: Those folks over at Budweiser know how to secure a bottle cap!!!
The callus is still there but a lot smaller as my pallet has become more refined :roll: leading me to beer that requires a bottle opener to gain access. :)

I hear ya. Have had those nights when the hand is scraped up from the twist off AND the bottom of the Bic lighter is grooved up. :mrgreen:

I definitely have Tone-Finger on my right index finger. Well I guess it could be more like Tone-Cuticle. When I play live I occasionally slip back into bad form habits and bash the top of my right finger into the E string. Happens a couple times a night. Gotten much better over the last month! But yes I think you might be right on with the Tone-Thumb.

Koprofag said:
I've had a kind of growth on the inner side of my left thumb as long as I can remember. It feels like a lipoma or callus without the rough surface. Yesterday when playing guitar it occured to me that that particular part of my thumb takes all the friction when working the neck. Am I on to something here?
YOU. BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
I hesitate to articulate, for fear I may deviate from the true course of my rectitude.
HOLLA!!

Guitar GeeK said:
Koprofag said:
I've had a kind of growth on the inner side of my left thumb as long as I can remember. It feels like a lipoma or callus without the rough surface. Yesterday when playing guitar it occured to me that that particular part of my thumb takes all the friction when working the neck. Am I on to something here?
NO. BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
I hesitate to articulate, for fear I may deviate from the true course of my rectitude.
HOLLA!!

Latest posts

Back