Study: Alcohol 'most harmful drug,' followed by crack/HEROIN

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
DUH.
who didn't know this already?
wonder how much they wasted on this study?

gonzo said:
DUH.
who didn't know this already?
Well, I didn't up until about 4 years ago. Almost lost my wife and kids because of it. When you're raised by an alcohiloc family you truely believe that certain behaviors are "normal" and don't give it a second thought. Like Freud said "people that are insane never question their own sanity."

well, to be honest, I figured crack/heroin would be more harmful. not as widespread, but definitely more harmful... or is that what they mean?

kiff said:
well, to be honest, I figured crack/heroin would be more harmful. not as widespread, but definitely more harmful... or is that what they mean?

Yeah, it sounds like a statistics thing to me. I caught a show on A&E last night about methamphetamine. THAT, my friend, looked like the most harmful drug to the human body, in the shortest amount of time. I knew that it was bad news from talking to policeman friend of mine. I had NO idea that it was getting to be this big of an epidemic. :shock:

Alcohol is by far the most harmful overall because it is easily obtainable, socially accepted, and integrated into our culture (remember how people reacted to prohibition?). On a case-by-case basis, there are things more harmful, but as far as its overall impact on society alcohol is the one that does the most damage.

The true irony of this "revelation" is that the people who likely found it most surprising probably discussed it over their four-martini power lunches. ;)

kiff said:

It's hard to say. Heroin and cocaine are much more expensive and they are easier to become addictive to (which would imply that they have the potential to destroy lives more easily), but alcohol withdrawal can actually be fatal, whereas heroin and cocaine withdrawals are rarely fatal. The exception, of course, is when a cocaine/heroin addict commits suicide out of depression during withdrawal.

The article title is too vague, and it's intentionally vague because it draws more eyes. Welcome to the world of statistics.

" Study show that consuming alcohol burns brain cells. A second way to burn brain cells is watch MTV's Jersey Shore."

- Jay Leno

Hi to all,
There are many studys about drugs,alcohol,smooking,...etc,that will harm people,but no one did a research about working so many hours,night shifts,waking up very early in the morning to go to work for couple of box.All that is the reason health damaging and stress...etc... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back