Just For Fun, Which Amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
This should be fun. If money was no object but you were limited to only one amp which would you choose? And for what reason, best sound, versitile, reliable, etc.
I'll go first. I mainly play hard rock and thrash metal covers so I'll stick with my Mark IV.

Same here. I bought a Mark V because I wanted a good gigging amp with a variety of sounds... something that could carry me from one type of gig to another without needing to own several amps. I figure I chose right.

Mark IV with a nice reverb in the effects loop. My desert island amp.

Mesa Boogie Road King head.
I'd then get the Brit mode on channel two modded to sound more British.
Best thing about a Road King head is the versatility of tones as well as the ability to assign one of two possible cabs for each channel.

I never thought I'd be able to answer that question. Until I got my Electradyne. Though I am a bit torn between that and my Triaxis/2:90. More tone, or more flexibility? Forever is a long time. Hmmmmmm...

Money no object, I guess I'd get a Dumble, sell it, and buy myself six great amps and a car. :lol:

If that's cheating, give me a Mark IV and two Boogie half-back 4x12" cabs.

I finally got a chance to play what I thought would be my dream amp. A Diezel VH4.
Not as impressed as I thought I would be. It wasn't nearly as touch sensitive as my Splawn and was very compressed even at low volumes. The VH4 model on my old axe-fx was better.

I'd have to say an early Mark III blue stripe. I know that the blue stripe itself isn't early, but one of the first blue stripes would be great through a Mesa 2x12 vintage slant with a 535Q for the fun solos. That's all I'd ever need really.

Already have mine.
Blue stripe Simul head with EVM Thiele. STR-415s and 416s. Vintage Mullard 12AX7s.
Schweet.

Funnily enough, I think I would say a Fortin Meathead. Even though Fortin are complete metal beasts, I think with all those channels and possibilities you're bound to get at least 90% close to any tone you'd ever want :mrgreen:

Back