Who is your favorite guitarist?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have alot :oops: No order here...

"Abbath"
Andy LaRocque
Alexi Laiho
Al Dimeola
Chuck Schuldiner (RIP)
Dave Mustaine
Dave Meniketti
Gus G
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
John Schaffer
James Hetfield
Mikael Akerfeldt
Michael Denner
Mark Knopfler
Randy Rhodes (RIP)
Tony MacAlpine
Warren Demartini
Zakk Wylde

Me OF COURSE!! just kidding......
These Guys are my favs:
James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett (Metallica)
Buz McGrath and Ken Susi (Unearth)
Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu (Trivium)
Herman Li and Sam Totman (Dragon Force)
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen
Tom Scholtz (Boston)
Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance (Avenged Sevenfold)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Eddie Van Halen
Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin)

:twisted:

-AJH

man i forgot James Hetfield, how could i do that? lol. have u guys heard the new metallica song?
its pretty heavy, definitely some good riffage, and lots of potential.
It is awesome to see Kirk shredding again. It gave me chills, that man is fantastic and very under used on the last album. The only thing i didnt enjoy about that new song was james singing. Which is so hard for me to say, the music was dead on and very energetic.

I have. IMO it was ok.
James singing was bad. Lars did some neat double bass, but when he stopped the song lost its power and drive. The riffs seem to have some more thought, there are more changes. Kirk is soloing again! I guess I'm hoping for the old thrash metal Metallica to come out of hibernation. :roll:

I must concur with MesaENGR412 and say ME....

Ok now that we have that established, I would have to say it all depends on the genre of music and time period. To pick one would be a difficult task without giving the proper respect to all. Having a diverse palette for music that I listen to, I cannot comfortably pick just one. It is like Lay's potato chips. I appreciate many styles and tones.

neil halstead (slowdive)
robin guthrie (cocteau twins)
kevin shields (my bloody valentine)
robert smith (the cure)
billy corgan

and then , some old favorites --

jimi hendrix
kirk hammett
david gilmour

i am not much into the classic guitar hero / soloing thing much anymore, although i do still like to play metallica solos , etc for fun sometimes. the first three guitarists above all have a unique, atmospheric sound that i find more exciting these days

Back