Salesmen trying to rip people off

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
I don't know how tired you guys get of going into places like Sam Ash and Guitar Center but yesterday I did for the first time in a while. The one Sam Ash near has some cool guitars but the head guitar guy just irritates me so much when I go there. One time I called if they had any Hughes and Kettner amps in stock because a previous time they did. The head guitar guy said he had never heard of them at all and that they didn't exist. I told him that they had two of them the last time I was there and he was said, "oohh those amps"

Anyway, yesterday this one guy and girl come into the store and say they want to buy a pedal for their friend for christmas and they said the guy wanted the most versatile overdrive pedal. So this head guitar guy takes him over to the pedals and advises him that he should get his friend a Boss Metalzone and states that it's the most versatile overdrive pedal around and they are selling it for a great price of $89 dollars. I was standing right by through the whole thing and the customer kept saying it said "metal" on it and his friend doesn't play metal and the salesman kept saying that he shouldn't pay attention to that and that it was the most versatile! lol I really wanted to go over and say, don't get the metalzone, get the sd-1. Now I understand the salesman trying to make more money off the guy but that's just not right and he could have been smarter and tried to sell the boss blues driver or a tubescreamer to him.

Back