gear gone for dope

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yem

Reaction score
I sold:

-1989 fender strat with 2005 1 piece maple neck, three duncan buckers, graphite saddles, 500k pots (push pull volume), & sperzel locking tuners.
-Analogman King of Tone
-Analogman Juicer
-Analogman TS-9 Silver
-Analogman Beano Boost
-Teese RMC-2
-'66 blackface super reverb
-mxr stereo chorus
-boss RV-3

lots more. hopefully i can start to recover some of it. none of it is completely irreplaceable except the KOT maybe. **** drugs. I just didn't want to be sick. Anyone else have this problem?

I had a similar problem. Except mine wasn't dope...it was called an ex wife.

At least you got some sort of enjoyment out of selling gear. I got fucked without lube or a kiss afterward.

I have no sympathy for you. So you started doing drugs? How stupid are you? Or were you raised in a cave without the benefit of TV or newspapers?

There is more than enough historical evidence to support the facts - drugs abuse will lead to nothing, NOTHING, but trouble. Yet with all this information available, you still couldn't resist.

many, many artists would beg to disagree.

I have had, as Bill Hicks would say, some killer times on drugs and they've overall been positive for me. Addiction and drug use are two different things. Some people can use drugs and never get addicted; some people can get addicted to Flintstones Chewables. Most of us are somewhere in between.

The problem with some drugs is that they play holy hell with your neurochemistry and can create physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms that you either wish would kill you (opiates) or actually can (alcohol or benzos.)

I'm guessing if you're hawking gear to score you're probably into the H. OP, if you're really sick of being sick, you should look into a suboxone treatment program, I know several people who this has worked for (stay away from methadone, that's a case of the cure sometimes being worse than the disease...)

gts said:
I just didn't want to be sick
He could be talking about prescription drugs.
And because he had no health insurance needed sell gear to afford them.
The glass is half full, huh? :wink:
You don't typically refer to your antibiotics as "dope". Why is this guy posting this anyway, sympathy? I'd rather earn respect than be given pity.

What morons. And I don't mean the addict.
Addiction is a disease. It is no more "resistable" than chicken pox.
He doesn't need sympathy, he needs treatment.
He will either seek help or die, because addiction is always fatal.
Good luck. :D

MrMarkIII said:
I'll agree that an addictive personality is like having a disease. But there are a lot of things a person can become addicted to, not just drugs or alcohol. The OP CHOSE to do drugs. And again, with all of the evidence to support the dangers of drug abuse, this was a stupid choice.

And I don't buy the "artist" angle either. Nobody ever became more creative because they experimented with drugs. They just became different.

To the OP: get help! There are thousands of drug abuse treatment centers all over the world.

cvansickle said:
MrMarkIII said:
I'll agree that an addictive personality is like having a disease. But there are a lot of things a person can become addicted to, not just drugs or alcohol. The OP CHOSE to do drugs. And again, with all of the evidence to support the dangers of drug abuse, this was a stupid choice.

And I don't buy the "artist" angle either. Nobody ever became more creative because they experimented with drugs. They just became different.

To the OP: get help! There are thousands of drug abuse treatment centers all over the world.
There is no such thing as an "addictive personality". A more accurate term would be "addictive gene". Addiction is not "like having a disease", any more than contracting influenza is "like" being sick. It IS a disease, it IS being sick.
Yes, addicts must accept personal responsibility, but one cannot quit by merely "choosing" to do so.
Sorry for the rant, but there's just too much misinformation out there.

Been There-Our details may differ but the results are the same.It started as shared good times with friends,I found pleasure,freedom and creativity.It was an illusion and I ended up alone,broke,broken.Everything became disposable including me.There is a way out but don't do it alone.The help comes from those who've been there.Life and music take on a dimension that exceeds any artificial high because the relationships involved are real,honest and valuable.I now have a life far better than ever I thought possible and I owe it to those who were willing to help when I was willing to ask.Those who don't know will never get it and I hope they don't the cost is too great.

I look not for sympathy, but for people that can relate. I am sober now and have been since the end of April after treatment and intensive AA. i am currently in a sober living house. for the record, the term "dope" to me is not crack, rx pills, weed or anything except for one thing-heroin.

I feel a special need to address the person that called me an idiot for trying drugs. it is a common problem in society (i do it frequently) to assume everyone else is like you are. you do not have alcoholism anything that's caused you to try drugs i guess. other people, sir, are not as fortunate.
i have alcoholism of the gravest degree. when i put a drug in my body, any drug, all my reservations and limits are immediately evaporated. when i tried weed, i quickly tried everything else. When i was 16 I tried weed. a few months later, coke. a few months later morphine, crack, and meth. i tried and used to some degree amphetamines, benzos, prescription opiates, lsd, mescaline, mdma, mda, mushrooms, nitrous, dmt, 2ci, dob, pretty much everything but pcp as well. at 18 i stole pills from a friends mom and was ostracized (justly) by almost all of my friends. the rest went to college. my best friend ever moved away and got sober. i had a full on case of alcoholism, no friends, and graduation money-heroin fixed everything in my life initially, then created problems i never dreamed would happen to me. the rest is pretty predictable but insane. it all happened more quickly for me than most. multiple overdoses, arrests, massive shoplifting and robbery schemes, hospital visits, stolen checks, drug dealing, etc. after 15 months of that, at 19, i went to the seminal treatment center in terms of giving one tools to stay sober-Discovery Place. I turned 20 in august-sober. I saw Phish 5 times this summer and and seeing them 7 more times this year....sober.now, if i were to do anything, including getting drunk, i experience something called the phenomenon of craving. this takes place in me by not being content until I have heroin, no other drug will satiate this craving. i either have to get help from my sober friends and stick it out until it abates from my ACTION to get rid of it, or I have to feed it with heroin.

To those who don't understand: i guess be grateful you don't have to work really hard to not ruin your life with chemicals. but i could never have been the person i am today, learned these things about how to be a decent human being this quickly and thoroughly, if i hadn't used and decided to do something about it. so i am grateful. that's real talk. your scorn for the addicted, if you want to get rigorously honest, is most likely your way of dealing with either resentment towards an addict in your past, or a concerted attempt on your part to legitimize your existence by lambasting the existence of another, and therefore, aggrandizing your ego. hate to break it to you, but people have problems. nobody's problems make them an idiot.

Good on you Yem, it takes balls to do what you have done, it is easy for others to judge but as you would know drug addiction is a complex issue. Glad that you are getting better now.
It is kind of ironic how an evryday joe gets **** for having a drug problem yet you wont often hear people doing the same about people like Kurt Cobain, Hendrix etc.
Drug issues alway evoke moral responses in people and that is fair enough but I say good on you Yem

Yem-
I just want to say God bless you... everyone has challenges and some challenges are harder to overcome than others- but ALL of them can be overcome.
Isn't easy- But it is possible. I applaud you keeping on the higher ground.
Gear is not really that important in the big picture.
Some mistakes cost more than others, the key is learning to not make them more than once....
Again- God Bless-

MrMarkIII said:

You're wrong. You can't simply will not to get the chicken pox. You get them or you don't. You choose whether or not to take a drug. Addiction is weakness, not a disease. That's the equivalent of calling pregnancy a disease. In almost every case it's a choice.

Also, the best way to avoid knowing if you're a more addictive personality that someone else is to never try drugs.

gts said:
jressell said:
You're wrong. ........ Addiction is weakness, not a disease. ........ In almost every case it's a choice.
Geez, "Mr. Compassion" has spoken. :roll: :roll:
IMHO jressell you are the moron, oops sorry all, in this case a capital "M" is required on Moron.

Not completely, a pschological dependance yes BUT the body can become physically dependent and sudden withdrawal of a drug like heroin can actually kill a person.

UKBoogieboy said:
gts said:
jressell said:
You're wrong. ........ Addiction is weakness, not a disease. ........ In almost every case it's a choice.
Geez, "Mr. Compassion" has spoken. :roll: :roll:
IMHO jressell you are the moron, oops sorry all, in this case a capital "M" is required on Moron.

Not completely, a pschological dependance yes BUT the body can become physically dependent and sudden withdrawal of a drug like heroin can actually kill a person.

opioid (heroin, oxycodone, etc.) withdrawal cannot kill you, you'll just WISH you were dead. ditto for amphetamines.

cocaine withdrawal generally does not have physical symptoms but is usually accompanied by intense anxiety and/or depression that can cause a variety of physical symptoms.

withdrawal from alcohol or benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, etc.) really can kill you, though, and these are probably the hardest things to get clean from.

CoG said:
opioid (heroin, oxycodone, etc.) withdrawal cannot kill you, you'll just WISH you were dead. ditto for amphetamines.

cocaine withdrawal generally does not have physical symptoms but is usually accompanied by intense anxiety and/or depression that can cause a variety of physical symptoms.

withdrawal from alcohol or benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, etc.) really can kill you, though, and these are probably the hardest things to get clean from.

This is true .... stop using narcotics well not and can not kill you.

My experience with drugs is alcohol is by far the worst drug of all. I do not recommend anyone does any of this stuff.

I also do not think if someone has a drug problem calling them names or making them a criminal does them or anyone else any good at all ever.

Anyone reading this that has a drug / alcohol problem .... I recommend you take control, quit or get help. It is worth it for you and the people you love.

Latest posts

Back