TU-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomic.Sheep

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Boss TU-2 tuner and am running it on batteries (for now at least). I had the unit for like a week and the battery is already flat. In the manual its says "If the tuner is not on (CHECK should be lit)" but when this is the case it's on, because i can tune the guitar. It also says "The power will be turned on when you insert a plug into the input jack", so does that mean that the unit is like always on or something when the guitar is plugged into it or something :? . I just don't know wether the batteries are only supposed to last a week :? . So I was wondering if theres something wrong that I am doing, coz I don't think the unit is broken, or is it?

Was the battery brand new when you put it in there?

As a general rule you should unplug any cables from the input jack of your TU-2 (or really, any pedal for that matter that is going to run off of batteries). This is the best way to conserve battery life. When a cable is plugged in to the input Jack, the pedal assumes that it will be used at any time, so it prepares itself to be stomped on and used for tuning. (at least as I gather it, but I'm a simpleton). I would honestly just go for a AC adapter or whatever because that way it saves you cash on the batteries.

Atomic.Sheep said:
So its just the input jack? I don't have to worry about unplugging the output/bypass jacks?

That is correct.

Atomic.Sheep said:
Yeh I think that I am gonna go out and buy that adaptor.

Good idea for two additional reasons: No need to disconnect the input cable when not playing, and there is a daisy chain power jumper you can get as well to power other Boss 9v pedals from the power out jack on the TU-2.

Ok, thanx guys that helped a lot.
Although I don't have any more boss pedals or any more pedals for that matter, nor am I planning on getting any more, well in the mean time anyway, I'll still get the adaptor because the reason why I got a pedal tuner was coz i was sick constatnly having to unplug the guitar for retuning and doing alternate tuning. Until that happens, it's the good old days revisited :wink: .

Oh yeah, I noticed some of your pedal boards only have like 2 adaptors for like 15 or so pedals, which are like from 4 or 5 separate brands, so does that mean that you can use, that boss adaptor for example, for other pedals or is that just coz ur running some on batteries? Or is there something else which I am overlooking? (this is from the post your rig section)

I myself run three Boss pedal's, a Morley Wah and a tuner off one adapter. I have used the Boss PSA adapter with the daisey chain, but i've blown 2. I got a nice new DC-9 Power Bank, that has a fuse, which is great. I'd say avoid the Boss PSA. It just doesn't cut it.

That doesn't sound like fun, and the "best thing" is i just baught one :? . Oh well, what can you do...

So what you're saying is that you've blown the adaptors (PSA) not all the equipment connected to it right?

Well hopefully the answer to that is a yes.

If it does blow... however I guess I'll do the same (i.e. buy a dc-9 or something of the like).

Anyone else have things to say about adaptors?

the one-spot (visual sound) puts out a full watt if you need it (pedals will only draw
what they need) and only takes one spot (hense the name) on a
power strip or outlet. 20 bucks, well worth it.

Latest posts

Back