Mitch Mitchell dead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe now that the Jimi Hendrix experience is the first classic rock band to die off completely

metalgarth said:
I do believe now that the Jimi Hendrix experience is the first classic rock band to die off completely

To label "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" a classic rock band is blasphemy in my eyes/ears. You could have just kicked me in the nuts repeatedly, it would feel better. It is like calling SRV "one of those blues guitarists" :shock:

I do believe now that the Jimi Hendrix experience is the first german oom-pah band to die off completely.

fixed it

gts said:
metalgarth said:
I do believe now that the Jimi Hendrix experience is the first german oom-pah band to die off completely.

fixed it
:) ok, ok, you have a good sense of humor.
But can you/ do you appreciate what Joey B wrote?

Yes I do, but I don't really know how else to label TJHE. Granted, labels are problematic all around. Much like I really have no idea what the difference between Death Metal and Black Metal is.

(I use the same lame joke on other forums when I call a band Death Metal and someone slams me because they think the band is Black Metal. If you listen to the drumming in most Death Metal bands it does sound like German Polka, or oom-pah as it is sometimes called)

metalgarth said:
gts said:
metalgarth said:

fixed it
:) ok, ok, you have a good sense of humor.
But can you/ do you appreciate what Joey B wrote?

Yes I do, but I don't really know how else to label TJHE.

I understand your label, but until you get past the usual "radio bullshit" of the Hendrix collection, you will never fully understand his message. :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6znd7ud6Cw8

ok...its jh with BAnd of Gypsies, but thats ok..its Jimi at his best , IMHO-got that hypno blues from North Miss goin' on....killer tone, atonal scat singin',aint no "craker blues" here!...truly takin' heavy blues somewhere else
chekitout!my alltime fave...and no "radio bs"!!!

Back