New Member Introduction

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
Hello,

My Name is Matt, and ive been browsing this forum for a couple months now - I have decided to take an active part in this community (Mostly because I have a little experience that I feel I can share, and that you guys have more than enough knowledge to answer my questions).

I play guitar/do vocals in a metal/punk/thrash band in Phoenix Arizona. I enjoy Any rock music, a lot of old blues (very early days - 40's and 50's ) a lot of Jazz, classical, and first wave ska also.

After going through some cheap fenders, and marshalls, I bought a Single rectafier thinking it was the baddest amp ever, not really doing any research, or testing it out much... But I think I found a pretty good amp. Im now looking to Buy the vaunted mark IV, and run it parralell with the Recto - I love the sizzle of the Recto, but love the much tighter bass and what i call "crunch" And more focused gain of the MarkIv, so the plan is to get the best out of both worlds with the combo.

In the end, thanks to the creators of this board, its been an important rescource for me while ive been growing as a guitarist the last couple of months. I think its great that boogie fans (and amp fans in general) can get together and have a "tone Community".

Feel Free to critique my ideas, correct me, and call me an idiot if necesary- Cheers and Happy Holidays to you all.

Matt

Welcome, Matt!!

I have a 3-channel Dual Recto, and I find it to be great for everything I want to do. I'm also into everything from Punk to Prog, so I don't think our tastes in music are that different. I'm not as familiar with the Mk IV, although from what I've heard it's a pretty explosive sounding amp. The Single doesn't have quite as much versatility as the dual, so you might very well be moving in the right direction by adding the Mk to your arsenal.

I'd be interested in hearing your band if you can post any clips.

Happy New Year!

Welcome aboard,

This is the place to talk Mesa. I love that Single Rectifier, almost got that until the sales guy shifted my attention to the Road King. The RK can do Recto, Mark IV and a few other million tones. Unfortunately, the RK is very pricey & not everyone can afford one. While the RK is my main squeeze, the Mark IV is my garage/beer drinking amp and I still love it to death.

Enjoy that Single Recto..........

Back