One Solo Help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might find it useful to use the edge of your pick for the tapping on the solo for One.

On the first tapping run (on the high E"), I tap with my index finger going outwards...

When he switches to the "B" string, I pull the taps more towards me.

The left hand bridged over the high "E" naturally dampens that string.

This helps me to avoid "sloppying" up the solo while tapping the higher strings...

And, yep, play it slowly at first, then gradually build up speed.

I've also found that practicing certain rock solos on an acoustic helps to make my approach cleaner and aviod the inherent cheating a high-gain amp, low-action guitar can cause.

Good luck!

Lance

So what you are saying is that I should also do palm muting? :?
And can you explain what you mean by your finger going outwards?

Yeh I agree with the acoustic guitar issue, I know exactly what you mean. I like to play on clean most of the time. In fact a lot of the time I play without the amp at all. I realised that the playing with distortion is easier because you get away with much more, so I learn and practice solos, riffs, etc. just using either the clean channel or no amp at all. I am obsessive with clean sounding notes so I usually start really slowly if I am not getting it and work my way up to the right pace. I don't have an acoustic guitar sadly and won't be getting one for a while. I try to play on acoustics every chance that I get but obviously those chances don't come very often.

another thing that for me helps improve soloing is practise on a guitar with high action, then when you go to your nice shredding guitar your fingers feel really free.

Back