Bedroom Studio Pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeFrag

Reaction score
Folks have posted their setup on other threads so I finally got around to takin' some pics. From left to right around the room.. for those who are interested. Its crazy how many connections there are. What's cool is that even if I bring home another device.. it'll tie in somewhere! The only thing on my wishlist now is a new Stratocaster or Rickenbacker, Moog Theremin, & Euphonix DAW controller.

Visualize Whirled Peas :D

2 Dell computers Vista w/Sonar, 27" LCD, lava lamp, Western Digital, Adam A7 studio monitors, Alesis CD, Akai MPC500, TC Electronic FireWire, Korg 1-bit high-definition recorder, Sennheiser wireless, Mackie SRM350 powered spkrs, Furman power strips:

bedroom_studio1.jpg

Mackie SRM150 personal monitor, Hercules stand, Schecter C1-Classic, Shure Beta58A mic, Stagg tambourine, Martin case:

bedroom_studio2.jpg

Furman pedalboard, main Boss pedals, tons of Monster cable, Ibanez Demon Wah, Lehle switch, 48" black light, Radial Engineering JPC & ProD2 DI boxes:

bedroom_studio3.jpg

Littlight over pedals, Mackie CFX12 mixer, 4 Moog pedals CCW from top-left: MuRF, Analog Delay, Ring Modulator, Freqbox; Rode NT4 stereo mic in case, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Boss FV500H, Hercules stands:

bedroom_studio4.jpg

Moog Little Phatty monophonic synth, Casio keyboard, Hercules stand, 2 Peavey mics, Boss pedalboard bag, Tama throne w/backrest:

bedroom_studio5.jpg

Remo 12" djembe, Furman power strip, Ibanez GSR200 bass, Crate 50W amp, Mackie 12" subwoofer:

bedroom_studio6.jpg

OMC15E Martin acoustic, Peterson AutoStrobe tuner, Mesa 50/100W Roadster 4-ch tube amp, Lehle switch, 5 Boss pedals on homemade board, Keeley compressor, Mesa footswitch:

bedroom_studio7.jpg

PreSonus parametric EQ, Van Amps spring reverb, Orange 1x12 cab, Mesa 2x12 cab, Orange Tiny Terror 7/15W tube amp, Blackheart 5W tube combo amp, Radial Engineering Headbone VT switcher:

bedroom_studio8.jpg

I like, especially your guitar stuff.

I will have to post pics of my studio room once it's completed.

Great setup DeFrag! I especially admire the way in which you've gone about in diversifying your studio. Great gear too!
Here's a few of my home studio:
SurpassRecords2.gif

Dell 8300, 4 gigs Super Talent, Cubase SX3, Wavelab 4, Har-Bal,2x UAD 1's, Waves SSL 4000, URS plugs, Line 6 POD XT Live, FW-1884,Mackie HR-824's
SurpassRecords.gif

FMR 8380, FMR 1773, not pictured- BOSS GS-10, Shure KSM-44,Marshall MXLV-69 tube mic,Tannoy Reveal actives, various others.

Tks.. very nice setup you have yourself there LG! You must dance on the table toe-tapping your multi-effects! haha

Here's my latest two acquisitions:

ric360.jpg
etherwave.jpg

Aww Man!! Killer Ric! And is that a Theremin? Did I spell that right? Love the sound of a Ric. My musical tastes vary from the earliest of rock/metal all the way to the latest Satch, BLS, Pearl Jam, and whatever else just came out. Always dug the old Byrds and Tom Petty Ric vibe.
The POD? I picked that up to perform a dual purpose live/studio role. I find IMHO that it's studio performance far outweighs it's live characteristics. I use the Line 6 Edit software exclusively-never even touch any of the POD's pedals. It's much better quality than the BOSS GS-10, and my live rig using the Ground Control Pro and the GCX covers about all the ground I could want. Plus the signal for the most part remains in the analog/tube domain which is where I prefer.
Frag, I see you use Sonar-great software! I started out with Cakewalk (Guitar Tracks) but I've been with Steinberg for so long now that I've just gotten used to using it. Sonar from my understanding has always had Cubase beat in the bundled plug in arena. I don't know if any of that's changed since the advent of Cubase 4 and the new VST 3 format as I have not upgraded yet. Most of the plugs I use are third-party anyway(UAD's, Waves and URS). Are you running 64 bit Vista? If so any noticeable diff between it and 32? It's great to meet people such as yourself who share a common musical bond. Not just on the stage but all elements of musical creation.
Lastly if you're interested I've got a few more gear pics on my Myspace sites, check em' out.
www.myspace.com/fftlg
www.myspace.com/nothingsunk

Thanks Chris K! Yeah I was thinking of doing the Pro Tools HD thing for a while when I was working full time and had the money to spend. But between the PA, the guitar rig, and the studio and an awful case of GAS syndrome, I realized I couldn't afford it. Not to mention all of the TDM (Pro Tools) plug ins are twice the cost of Native. Still would like to pick up one of those API A2D mic pre/converters one day though. Uh oh feel the GAS comin on again! Take care Bro!

Here is my room. I call it the Mole Hole. The Mesa F-30 is gone. Sold that last week. Selling the recto pre now. I need to take some new pic's.

Studio2.jpg

Studio3.jpg

Studio1.jpg

8)

Spirithunter....Suuuwwweeeetttt! Do I see a UA mic pre in the mix there? I run two UAD 1's (an Ultra and a Project) in my Dell and am forever amazed at the quality of the Universal Audio plugs. I've put so much into the plugs and puter that I've sort of neglected the front end (mic pre's and converters). Looked at an API 3124 for a while with an Apogee Rosetta then left my job, took a 70% cut in pay, went back to college and ironically am much happier now. Kinda put the damper on further GAS syndrome!! My FW-1884 does okay. Anyhow nice setup you have.

Thank you LG!
Yes you do see a LA-610 sitting there.
I have not really used it on guitars. Just my vocals and bass guitar but i plan on doing more with it guitars wise.
Right now i have my eyes set on a Great River Pre.
I think that would complimate the amp's i have nicely.

A API 3124 with an Apogee Rosetta would of been a sweet setup for sure.
API stuff is great.

8)

Back