Any car guys on here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
I know Randall Smith himself is a huge car guy. I think he was a mercedes mechanic before he built guitar amps, and I've seen numerous comparisons between his amps and famous engines in the descriptions on the mesa boogie site. I think music and cars go percectly together...What are ya'll driving?

Funny you should ask...

HUGE car guy. Drive a 88 Mustang GT daily that is slowing getting hot rodded. Race a 72 Porsche 911 - Think MB would sponsor it - that is the only thing that can push music off to the site. Goal is to race in the 24 Hours of Daytona in the next 6 years (by 45). Old mans got a 40 Ford that is pretty pimped.

You can check all this out at www.cullenracing.com

Ned

JEEEESE!! beautiful cars! your a lucky bit of a a bugger to be racing vintage 911's. a dream car of mine! the old jag and lister look drop dead gordgeous as well. i myself drive a lowly '88 rx-7. dreamed of a 951, but figured this was close enough and a little more edgy with manual steering, no abs, and this neat little engine. one day ill be in your shoes!!

i've had numerous friends tell me that when they're racing, and they race that one perfect lap a race where every line is dead on, every shift perfectly matched, its better then any sex, or any drug. i've had a taste of it with a road car and i believe it.

It can definately be like a work of art. The great thing is your mind and body are totally in sync with 100% concenctration on the activity at hand - otherwise bad things happen :( You know that feeling when your band just nails a song, it's that same feeling.

Work or any other problems are completely gone. As they say also, a bad day at the track is better than a good day at the office.

You should check out the local autocross scene, parking lot time trials through cones. Great way to get into racing and it costs very litttle, your RX7 would be killer for that. The SCCA also has a spec RX7 class for their club racing program, but I've heard that gets a bit into paint trading.

I just got a new car last week. A 2004 Scion xA in the color of white. I like it alot it is my 1st new car. Only reason I got a new car is becasue my 85 4Runner broke and it was more to fix it that what it was worth.

How did I miss this thread until now?

I'm a pretty big car guy - although lately my other hobbies (guns and guitars) have been getting in the way lately :)

I have a nice '89 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback as my "toy" car. It's got some bolt-on stuff, nothing really serious. I still have a fun time driving it because it's got a pretty good road-racing type suspension, and it handles like a skateboard. I hope to turbocharge it sometime, but it's tough saving up the necessary stack of cash with my other hobbies.

I daily drive a '98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC, but I hope to replace it with an 05/06 Mustang GT in the next 6-12 months. As you might guess, I'm a Mustang guy :)

Im drivin my dads 91 white Merc 300CE-24V, rock solid. No wonder I dig mesa so much, if Mr. Smith used to be a merc mechanic, lol.

1993 MR2

wOTk4NDMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back