advice for recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesallicA

Reaction score
ive been doing some recordings with my mac and ive been having trouble with the sorta sound enginering side of things. my main problem is its really hard for me to try have say 3 tracks of guitar without them all getting lost within eachother, if you know what i mean.
i cant find a balance so you can hear them all clearly and seperate, like if i put a solo over a rythem section it just all mixed up with it and hard too hear. even if it is panned and louder.
i basically just want advice in general about recording best ways to mike up an amp, any tricks too mixing and so on.
thanks

Make sure you using different tones for each track. Also try different EQ settings on your amp and also in your recording software. For guitar using different boost or cut on the midrange freqs will help the most.

thanks, i think part of my problem is im doing recording from the line out of this piece of **** 15 watt marshall, because its the only amp i have that i can use to record with at bedroom levels. the tone from it is earbleeding :x and hard to get good various tones from it, but i cant exactly record with my dual rectifier late at night, or really any time of the day (**** neighbours). So i was thinking about getting a Palmer PGA-04 Speaker Simulator, so i can then use my mesa at anytime of the day, only thing is i dont know if there very good or not, anyone here have experience with em?

Back