The inevitable "what does your username mean?" pos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sota

Reaction score
Might as well get it out of the way early...there are always some interesting explainations.

Ok, me first. S.O.T.A. = State Of The Ark, which relects my love for playing with tube circuits and will also be the name of a small run of unique SE Class A guitar amps I have in the works. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Next???

It's a nonsensical lyric from Bush's song Greedy Fly. Sometime in the early or mid 90s I needed a screen name for chatting on an IRC channel or something, and the song was playing. I thought it was neat, and I've stuck with it ever since.

Originally, it was screamingdaisies, but I had to shorten it due to a charicter limit somewhere, and liked the shortened version better.

Ned as it's my first name.

On other forums I use Ned911 - first plus the model Porsche that I race.

Ned

C is the first letter of my first name, Van Sickle is my last name. It's Dutch for "seller of frozen treats from a utility vehicle."

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by....

(My apologies to any real Dutch speaking members who really know what it means!)

I got sick of using my normal first name initial + last name username (peckhart) that I got dubbed with at work and for some reason used on forums I joined in the last few years.

This board came up the same day I got my first Mesa Boogie, so I had a lot of Boogie on the brain. And I love the sound of slide guitar.....even though I suck at it and rarely play it myself.

Hence, boogieslide

When I was in college, I used to dowload lots of uh...."free" software.

I always registered it with Bob Barker as the name and Merv Griffen Enterprises as the company.

Well.....bob barker was already taken as a yahoo account so i used this.

......but my friends sometimes call me Skip Wankman or Senor Mouse......

My real name is Aaron.

I got sick of using "Rayguitargod" Which is what I have for email/otherforums etc. etc. ThousandSwords is the name of an awsome Graveland album and well I have just been using it for usernames here and there.

When I was an avid 40 hr a week Quake 2 maniac in the mid 90's living in Honolulu and Going to college. I needed an online Gamers name, after rejecting the initial 5 or 6 that I came up with on my own,(they were lame), I decided I would look around the room and choose one item as the first part of a new name and one from the fridge( i lived in this puny one bedroom apt at the time). I picked up a letter and saw a postal Code of 054, and I picked mustard from the fridge. So for many online years I was known as 054 Mustard, Played interstate 76, Quake 2, Battlefield 1942 etc with this moniker.

Ive since shortened it to simply ZeroFiveFour or 054...

My name's Johnny Brooks and it's
the username I use on the Acoustic
Guitar, PRS, and Larrivee forums.

My eBay name is:
go_go_go_johnny_go_go_go

It's just my way of giving glory where it is due....If someone asks about it, I take the opportunity to tell them about my love for Jesus, and what He has done in my life...

Well I am another gamer. I used to play a lot of Age of Empires II also in the 90s and my friends name was The_Bomb_13 so I thought to have mine be Atomic_Bomb but that was taken so I saw a sheep (its a food resource in the game) and immediately thought Atomic_Sheep. Some sites don't take the underscore so I use the . i.e. Atomic.Sheep on those ones.

My other main hobby is cycling. I started riding mountain bikes first so I adopted "mtnb1kr". I also road ride now. I use this one for everything. So you may see me on a cycling sight too if that interests anyone else here.

My name is Grandor in many of the forums i visit and my user name in lots of other places.

It's just something I made up one day, and It stuck.

My name is of course, a reflection of my love and respect for the music of Rush. I am a true Rush freak....haven't missed a show in 21 years...even flew out of town for the last 2 tours (Vapor Trails and r30). I love chatting or posting about Rush...so if there are any bretheren on board....let's go!

RB

What's in a name?
I chose mine for 2 reasons... #1- I keep myself surrounded by guitars and usually have one in my hands.
and#2- Because I have a nasty explosive temper at times, and go on rampages...
ax. :twisted:

Back