Roland Cube 60 is NO joke!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kofasetic

Reaction score
I had my first opportunity to use this bad boy at a medium size NYC venue. The lineup is: drummer, percussionist, bassist, 2 guitarist (I play lead), 1 backup vocal, and 1 lead vocal. We play original latin rock. I just ran my GT5 into the main in of amp (I usually don't do this due to lack of loop on the Cube 60). I had to tweak the patches to compensate for tonal variations. This amp was able to be heard clearly and cleanly above all. My drummer actually advised me to turn the main volume down a bit (I had the amp pointed slightly towards him). The main volume was only at 12 o'clock. The beauty of this amp is that if I need to, I can always hook up my 2X12 cabinet to it.
Make no mistake, the Roland Cube 60 is a monster of an amp in a small package. Top 5 best purchases I've ever made in my music career!!!

im soon getting a micro cube... that little package just blew me away in terms of sound and versitility for how tiny and cheap it is. i can only imagine its bigger brothers.

mcube is the coolest practice amp for the price made. period.
other cool ones include vox ad15vt and ad30vt (30 wt goes for about
double the price of the mcube)
ive sold many of each.

I have a good friend that uses Micro Cubes. Believe it or not, he gets an absolutely amazing Brian May tone out of them!

I work in NYC and get the chance to stay over fairly frequently. Would love to swing by and hear the amp first hand. Let me know when/if you are playing next.

I have a Micro Cube, as well, I use it mostly with head phones to keep peace in the household. It works very well that way. The little speaker gets a bit muddy, otherwise, it's a great little amp for practice. I've even used it to record some sounds to my laptop through an M Audio, Audio Buddy. It's a quick and dirty way to scratch pad some ideas. You couldn't ask for more for the money.

I also own a Roland VGA-7, which is the cube's big brother. Good tones and all, but does not have the presence/tone of my F-50.

I've used a Cube 30 and I was impressed. I can imagine the Cube 60 to be the same or better.

Ciao ...

I agree with Kopesetic, this little sucker kicks butt. When my LSC 2X12 went down, I got one of these little cubes from MF. I used it on numerous gigs and it held its own. I'm playin with a loud drummer, and there were no probs with volume. I never had to go past 12:00 on the vol. pot. I ran an SM57 to the outs. The delay is great on this amp, and the models are good too. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a LSC, but for only 32lbs. this sucker rocks.

wisch

The Micro Cube is cool for bedroom practice, but if I were to do over, I'd pay the extra and get the 30 for portability. The 60 is cool too, just more money and weight. The down side of the Micro is that it gets muddy with the volume up. I know that's nit picky, but it's true.

I picked up a Cube 60 at lunch today.

Itchin' to get home and plug in.

The Mark IV is just TOO much to get down to practice volume, not to mention I hate having to move the 4x12 cab from home to practice and back...

Hopefully it'll live up to the hype I've read about it on several different boards.

First nights impression:

Very nice.

Quiet when nothing is being played. Good tone at all range of volume. Sounded even better when plugged into the 4x12 cab.

I think I'll keep it for a while, full well knowing about the honeymoon stage.

As I have stated at the start of this tread, this amp is a sure fire keeper. I have been using the Cube 60 exclusively for gigs and I couldn't be more happy.
Now if one can build a 3 button pedal box that can toggle the effects, channels, instead of using 3 separate pedals.
AWESOME!!!!

Kofesitic, those Roland 5U or whatever have a neat system whereas you can lock them together to form 1 pedal from the 3. That's what I did, and it works out ok. I can even use 1 pedal when I want to toggle my Alesis Digital Effects Unit when I run it thru the effects send in the LSC.

Wisch

I have an Acoustic Chorus 60 and absolutely love that tiny little gem. Roland makes quality stuff for sure.

The other guitarist in my band uses a Roland 60...I personally think the "feel" isn't there when I played thru one, but he sounds GREAT on his...awesome tones that keep up sonically with my RK. His personal tone is naturally different from mine, but the 60 has proven itself just fine. I won't be trading in my King any time soon, but I DO have a Roland microcube sitting next to my computer to learn new stuff on....

RB

Back