Sennheiser E609 Silver

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Not really an amp but got this mic to record my amps. Original plan was to get a SM57 and small mic stand but after reading online I went with the E609. Best part is you don't need a mic stand as you just drape the mic over the amp in front of the speaker. The E609 seems to handle distortion better than the SM57

Some time this weekend I'll write up a review as I also got my Weber Economy MiniMass for the Champ.

Ned

ned said:
Not really an amp but got this mic to record my amps. Original plan was to get a SM57 and small mic stand but after reading online I went with the E609. Best part is you don't need a mic stand as you just drape the mic over the amp in front of the speaker. The E609 seems to handle distortion better than the SM57

Some time this weekend I'll write up a review as I also got my Weber Economy MiniMass for the Champ.

Ned

I was thinking about getting an E609 or an SM57, and am now leaning toward the E609.

I'll probably get both though. :wink:

I have several SM57s, and I've been reading up on the 609. I can't seem to get a great sound out of an SM57 anyway I mic the cab. I would like to hear the difference.

I have the e609 and it is completely awesome. Both for live sound and for recording. I have had several sound guys tell me it's the best sound for miking a guitar amp they have ever heard...and they all rave how easy it is to get a sound....just move the mic around the speaker a bit till you like what you hear....very little or no eq tweaking needed.

Anyone thinking of this mic...stop thinking and go buy one....you will thank 'ol Red Barchetta for his advice.

RB

sm57's suck all around. so do 58's. if you want the best guitar mic,
its by far the 609 (or if you want to spend double the money, the 906).
for all around instrument micking, get the audix I5 (99 bucks).
this thing makes a 57 look like a radio shack mic! SUPER durable,
+6db output, better off axis rejection and better magnets that dont break
up at high SPL. audix om2 instead of a 58. 99 bucks.
(they literally bounce when dropped!!!!!)
the 609 and I5 go great together on open back cabs and combos.
609 in front (where ever you like it) and the I5 in back (where ever).
just remember to flip the phase of the back mic!

I just picked up one of these and I really love it but I have one problem. I let it hang in front of my cabinet but the mic is not really flush on the grill. I guess it's the cord. I've been using a piece of duct tape to fush mount it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ralphie

Ralphie...
I have found that if you get one of those little short boom mic stands, it works MUCH better. You can place the mic exactly where you want it, and can move the stand around much easier to find the "sweet spot". Try it. You will be very happy.

RB

It doesn't have to be flush. Just find where it sounds best. The time when it really sucks is when you have a metal grille. If you're recording, take the grille off anyway, and get CLOSE!

Back