micing bass amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronpawlak

Reaction score
Hello,

will be picking up a new Laney bass amp tomorrow. mostly wanted this for jamming and will also try micing it. have no idea why I picked this amp other than it sounded great in the store the other week when I took my guitar in-tried out heaps and this was the best in my price range.traditionally what type of mics are best for the job. I was planning on using a beta 52 or sm57??any info on bass recording in general would be appreciated.Is it just me or is bass guitar typically the hardest sound to capture and get it sounding good in the mix.
have been playing around with direct bass recording for a while and have never been truly happy with any of the results using a variety of tube/state preamps, v-amps, pods.anyone has found the secret to getting a great sounding bass on a buget-I'm all ears?should I be looking at getting better pickups in my guitar?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?38341
Business video agency

Thanks

best results I've had in a basement budget recording situation was recording two tracks at once, a direct signal from the preamp out on the bass amp and a beta 52 on his cab. neither track will sound good on its own but when you play around with mixing them you'll probably find a good tone.

if you're just demoing you might get your best bang for buck just going direct from the bass and using amplitube or something.

I've had great luck with the MXR Bass DI+. It sounds better into the board than a lot of amps that I've tried.

Back